Cabot are an ever-evolving company where improvements to processes, systems and working practices are continually strived for, and this role is crucial to both the department and wider company’s success.
As Cabot moves to a shared services business support model, we are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic Service Desk Analyst to join our vibrant service desk team in either the Kings Hill, Telford or Worthing areas.
Ensuring that we deliver consistent, well defined and speedy resolutions to our internal customers is key.
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Leader, the purpose of this role is to provide premium first line hardware and software customer focused support to colleagues at all levels across the organisation, whilst ensuring that all IT and InfoSec Policies are adhered to.
We are looking for a well organised team player who is analytical and good at solving problems.
Part of your role is ensuring that phone calls and emails are responded to promptly, and you will gain exposure to software such as: Windows 10, Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365, Teams, Proofpoint and Azure.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Act as an instant and accessible point of contact for all incoming IT-related issues, via email, via the support desk directly or via the phone, and ensuring that all relevant information is captured in our ITSM Tool (ServiceNow)
- Gather appropriate information from colleagues in order to comprehend issues, queries, or complaints
- Work to SLA thresholds for incidents and requests, prioritising and managing workload effectively, managing several open Incidents and Requests simultaneously
- Work closely and in collaboration with other Cabot resolver groups, and external 3rd party application specialists, escalating to appropriate individuals or teams as necessary
- Provide the appropriate support and guidance regarding IT and InfoSec policies to our colleagues across the organisation
- Ensuring that the correct Service Desk process and procedures are always followed, whilst balancing the needs of our impacted colleagues
- Providing Remote support to colleagues who are currently working from home, or in the office, including following prescribed checks on home workstation setups, and reporting findings to line managers
- Conducting daily checks and BAU monitoring to support our business critical applications
- Assisting the creation, update and validity checking of appropriate knowledge base documentation, to ensure that every colleague receives a consistent approach to resolving their issue/delivering on their requirement
- Providing appropriate support and cover to the User Administration team
- Ensure confidentiality of all users and customer data at all times
- Log tickets and track all time spent on resolving issues, in a methodical logical manner
What we are looking for:
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience of providing high quality and timely First Line Support to a similar sized user base.
- Experience with Corporate office systems including Office 365, Printers, Desktop/Laptops and Mobile Devices.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail and high standards.
- Self-motivated and able to work off of your own initiative.
- Ability to hit the ground running and get up to speed quickly.
- Good understanding of the importance of IT management controls, processes and procedures in the delivery of service.
- Understanding of legislative and regulatory influences applicable to the credit and finance sectors.
- A recognised qualification in an IT related discipline.
- ServiceNow experience would be beneficial but not essential.
- Able to work collaboratively within the team to deliver on accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both in person and in writing.
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
£20,000 per annum (With Additional Bonuses)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.