Squire Technologies are based in the South West of the UK in Dorchester which offers a great country based lifestyle with good access to outstanding coastline and maritime facilities.
They have had year-on-year growth providing Carrier Grade Telecoms Products and Services to the Telecommunication Industry with deployments in more than 70 countries.
What’s in it for you:
Your role will be part of the Support Team within a dynamic and busy local Telecommunications Company and will work alongside individuals who are highly experienced and experts in their field.
This is a good opportunity for the right individual who is looking for a career in Telecommunications and wants to learn.
You will be responsible for:
- Learning and becoming proficient in support systems and procedures
- Recording cases for customer faults
- Monitoring of the support team email inboxes and associated tasks
- Undertaking/assisting with IT/telecoms related projects
- Provide support to other members of the Support Team
- Speaking to customers on the telephone and via email
- Understanding and configuring telephone systems
- Shadowing senior staff
What we are looking for:
You will need the following skills:
- Good IT skills (MS Word, Excel, Power-point, e-mail)
- Good customer skills, over the telephone, and email
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Confident communicator
- Team player
- Able to work on own initiative
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject.
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm with 1 hour lunch break.
A full-time position may be offered for the right candidate upon successful completion of the IT apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.