What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will work under the supervision of a number of consultants and Project Managers on the delivery of Transport Planning projects for a variety of clients to achieve their objectives and improve the quality of life for their customers. Typical tasks and activities include:
· to collate and analyse various sources of data to provide an evidence base to support Transport proposals
· to undertake research activities on a range of transport planning projects and understand how these contribute to the development of project solutions
· to use GIS and other mapping tool to present data / solutions within reports to demonstrate a range of strategies and interventions relevant to our Transport Studies
· to develop technical notes and contribute to reporting outputs to demonstrate the outputs from technical work contributing to transport planning studies
· to undertake on the job training for a range of analytical tool, plus the learning from their part-time degree course, and apply these skills to ongoing project activitiesWhat training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This programme will see you obtain a BSc Transport Planning Level 6 with Aston University
- The apprentice will complete the apprenticeship as a fully trained and qualified Transport Planner
- They will then undertake further career paths in Arcadis to progress onto larger projects, lead teams etc
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 or C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5 or C) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths, Geography or Economics (Grade A-C) Essential