What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working in this role you will learn how to manage all costs relating to construction and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures
- You will learn how to optimise the cost of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality
- Your responsibilities will increase throughout the duration of the apprenticeship programme as your skills and technical knowledge develop
- You will be supported throughout by your assigned workplace mentor, in conjunction with your university apprenticeship tutor, to ensure you gain the right mix of skills and experience to successfully complete your apprenticeship
Your Degree Apprenticeship:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The successful candidate will enrol onto the Level 6 Chartered Surveyor (Quantity Surveyor Pathway) Degree Apprenticeship, with one of our partner University College of Estate Management
- Over 5 years, you will work towards a BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying, as well as chartership with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- On succesful completion of this apprenticeship, you will follow a structured development pathway to enable you to progress your career within the construction sector
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSE's including Maths and English (Grade A*-C/4-9) Essential
A Level or equivalent 3 A levels or (Grade A-C) Essential
BTEC or equivalent BTEC Diploma Construction and Built Env or (Grade Min DD) Essential
Other T Level Design, Surveying and Planning for Cons (Grade Min Pass "C") Essential Things to consider
Essential - Due to the remote locations of some of our sites, applicants must hold or be working towards a full UK driving license.