What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will work under the supervision of several professional consultants on the delivery of construction and engineering projects for a variety of clients, to help achieve their objectives and improve the quality of life for their customers. Typical tasks and activities include:
· Undertaking cost research for similar buildings to establish benchmark rates & prices
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Work with senior colleagues to undertake cost estimating and planning
- Use digital tools such as CostX in the production of measurement from online drawings and plans to provide cost advice
- Support the preparation of technical and legal documentation used in the procurement of suppliers to deliver construction projects
- Create and monitor project reports and schedules, assisting in the overall successful delivery of construction project
- Undertake on the job training on a range of industry leading tools and procedures, and, along with the learning from their part-time degree course, apply these skills to ongoing project activities
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This programme will see you obtain a BSc Quantity Surveyor - Level 6 with UCEM - University of Estate Management
- Apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment.
- The apprentice will complete the apprenticeship as a fully trained and qualified quantity surveyor
- They will then undertake further career paths in Arcadis to progress onto larger projects, lead teams etc
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 or C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths & English (Grade A-C) Essential