What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Work on a wide range of projects and instructions received from clients and colleagues
- Support the Commercial Building Surveying Team
- Report to clients regularly with updates on their projects/instructions
- Establish and develop positive professional relationships with existing and new clients and internal stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to build relationships with clients (professional approach)
- Proactively manage client's needs, ensuring targets, deadlines and service levels are achieved
- Attend internal events and meetings where possible to contribute, build internal relationships and raise personal profile
- Assist with professional survey report writing, producing design drawings and specifications
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This role works towards a BSc (Hons) Building Surveying qualification
- Training will take place at ARU Chelmsford, one day a week at the university
Once you have finished your apprenticeship, it is likely you will then become a Graduate Building Surveyor or an Assistant Building Surveyor.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade BBC Grades Minimum) Essential