What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Support and promote children's early education and development
- Be responsible for supporting the quality of learning and development in their setting
- Engage with sector developments both locally and nationally
- Skilfully lead day-to-day practise at an operational level
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children
- Work in partnership with the key person, colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals
- Gain a regulated recognised qualification that can be used to progress onto a Level 6 qualification with Anglia Ruskin University
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Early Years Senior Practitioner Level 5
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths - If required
- Level 2 Functional Skils English - If required
- Potential to progress onto a Level 6 qualification with Anglia Ruskin University
- Potential of permanent employment after the Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience, Reliable, Confident, Friendly, Flexible, Motivated, Good with children Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent GCSE English (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent GCSE Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Other Level 3 Early Years Educator (Grade Pass) Essential