What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice in Sustainability, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Supporting Mace in delivering its Responsible Business Strategy
- Supporting the drive for Mace to be a leader in sustainability and deliver best practice and innovation
- Supporting our clients and Mace project teams with advice on sustainability topics including waste, energy/carbon, water, pollution prevention, environmental nuisance, responsible sourcing of materials, wellbeing and sustainable buildings
- Guide and assist Mace construction sites to deliver environmental compliance including assurance of environmental and sustainability reporting
- Supporting the development and delivery of sustainability strategies including vision, target setting and implementation
- Influence behaviour change by running initiatives, providing training and upskilling project teams
- Contributing to communications materials, case studies and best practice exemplars
- Support work winning through bid support and client liaison
Our structured training programme will teach you technical and business skills to help you succeed in your career.
The Sustainability Assistant apprenticeship will work towards the Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Practitioner L4 which consists of work-based experience and training.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We'll also support you in gaining professional membership of the Institute of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (ICRS).
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 subjects including Maths and English (Grade 4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent any subjects (Grade 96 UCAS Points) Essential