What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice Quantity Surveyor what will I be doing?
Assist the commercial team mitigate/minimise risk to the company and maximise profits through effective contract negotiation and management.In addition to the apprenticeship training you will receive hands on experience including mentoring and coaching from experienced members of the team.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assist the administration of subcontracts and sub-subcontracts including issue of required Notices under the contracts
- Assist in the preparation and valuation of draft interim applications and draft final accounts
- Identification and notification of variations
- Identifying and assisting in the negotiation and resolution of contractual disputes
- Cash flow forecasting
- Assessing and managing credit risks
- Monthly WIP reports for accounts specifying and making provisions for any known/potential risks
- Preparation of draft payments for sub-subcontractors
- Assisting Accounts Department with cash collection when required
- Support the on-going development of F P McCann's position in its key sectors
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest standard and in the interest of the company.
- Carry out other reasonable requests made by the line manager to support departmental or company objectives
- Ensure compliance with the Company's policies including Health & Safety are complied with
- Observe and comply with all good working practices.
Quantity Surveying Technician Level 4.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This apprenticeship programme is delivered with a blend of weekly online training sessions with block release weeks to our providers training facility.
- Training will be provided by Learning Skills Partnership.
This is very much the start of an exciting career in the construction industry with wide ranging prospects which may span a number of roles.FP MCCANN aims to be an employer of choice by promoting respect for the individual and equality of opportunity. We believe that everyone should be treated solely based on personal merit and contribution throughout their FP MCCANN career journey.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Math's (Grade 4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any A level (Grade Any A level) Essential Things to consider
This role may involve some travelling, specifically in order to attend the training facility to undertake your academic training, as such a driving licence would be beneficial. A career in construction may involve being based on projects in various locations. Please note that the wage does vary depending on age, see further details below: Candidates aged 16-17 £4.81 per hour, Candidates aged 18-20 £6.83 per hour, Candidates aged 21- 22 £9.18 per hour, Candidates aged 23+ £9.50 per hour.