What will the apprentice be doing?
The Apprenticeship role
Tasks will include:
- Working closely within the Cyber Security Team
- Frequently communicating with the IT Service Desk and Infrastructure teams
- Monitor Endpoint protection software and respond rapidly to newly raised alerts
- Monitor the InfoSec Service desk for security queries from the wider business as well as Phishing and Spam reports
- Be responsible for maintaining and adding to Email/Web whitelists and blacklists
- Write Incident and Event reports when the need arises
- Support and assist in any required compliance submissions and develop action plans to address areas requiring improvement as well as working on continuous improvement
- Support and assist with the testing and deployment of new technologies as they are introduced to the business, and liaise with the Infrastructure teams when doing so
- Provide security guidance and support for BAU organisational activities
- Any additional task that the Cyber Security Manager, Head of Information Security or Global CISO has requested, pertinent to the security of CEF
You will also complete a Level 4 Cyber Security aprenticeship alongside your work placement.
A Level in IT or a Level 3 qualification in IT plus 5 GCSEs including English Language and Mathematics Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent). Please note that we can accept candidates with relevant IT work experience in this area if you do not have A levels/Diploma.
Skills and qualities we are looking for:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Experience supporting and speaking to customers from any field of work
- Experience being part of a team
- Experience in a situation that tested your confidence
- Experience responding quickly to resolve a problem
- Good communication skills for working with other teams and voicing your own ideas
- Creative with an enjoyment of solving complex and technical problems
- Good emotional intelligence and a commitment to fairness and accountability
- Ability to travel to Durham, UK is a MUST
Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist apprenticeship standard
Cyber Security Risk Analyst apprenticeship focuses on protecting your organisation, systems, information, personal data and people from attacks and unauthorised access, and may support formal security governance, regulatory and compliance (GRC).
The delivery will be remote learning with monthly tutor sessions.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once qualified you will be a Cyber Security Analyst.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9 / A*-C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9 / A*-C) Essential
A Level or equivalent IT (Grade Pass) Desired
BTEC or equivalent IT (Grade Level 2) Essential Things to consider
Please ensure you have listed your GCSE grades and further education grades. The candidates must have an IT qualification for entry to this particular apprenticeship. Please also check your commute to Durham.