Founded in 1996, Claranet has evolved into a multi-disciplinary technology services provider with global reach. The company has annualised revenues of circa £350 million, over 6,500 customers, and more than 2,000 employees in nine countries. In the UK we have over 500 staff working in London, Gloucester, Warrington, Bristol, and Leeds, or as homeworkers.
At Claranet, our community of support teams pride themselves on ensuring our Customers get the most out of our services and to help their business to do amazing things.
Through a culture of collaboration, learning and opportunity, we nurture a vibrant and dynamic community of service and technology experts, executing all facets of our operation with consistency, pride and efficiency.
The Service Desk is central to the operation, providing break-fix and request-fulfilment for services spanning the breadth of the Claranet portfolio.
The team is the first point of contact for our Customers and aims to support them with all aspects of service operation; setting the organisational standard for engagement whilst working with a variety of specialist teams to deliver service across a range of communication channels.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
This position represents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join the Service Desk Team as part of Claranet’s apprenticeship programme.
With a specific focus on the exciting area of Public Cloud services, the role includes a comprehensive 16-18 month curriculum of training and vocational experience, covering a range of disciplines and ultimately leading to the opportunity of a permanent role with the organisation.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure that the highest levels of service are delivered to Claranet’s customers
- Provide ticket-based customer support; responding to Customer requests for support via a range of communication channels
- Assess the impact and urgency of tickets and gather the appropriate information for the type of request
- Take responsibility for the resolution of all customer issues raised, ensuring that customers are updated within agreed SLA’s and that all issues are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Maintain accurate records of activity taken throughout the lifecycle of a ticket
- Maintain a good understanding and technical expertise across Claranet’s product catalogue
- Apply a wide range of Service Desk processes in order to identify and apply technical fixes to incidents.
- Where required, liaise with third party suppliers to ensure that faults are resolved within the correct time frames according to the product service level agreements in place
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to maintain excellent standards of service
- Support project work as required
- Support the Team Manager towards continued improvement of team process and customer experience
- Validate contact and ensure security process is adhered to
- Provide first-line investigation and diagnosis, resolving at first contact whenever possible
- Escalate incidents/requests that cannot be resolved within agreed timescales
- Keep customers informed of progress
- Contribute and search the knowledge base
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good understanding and awareness of IT terminology
- Ability to translate technical language into user friendly information
- Customer focused
- Highly motivated, pragmatic and energetic team player, positive, determined and driven with a can-do attitude
- An interest in IT service Management and ambition to develop a career in the industry
In addition, the following are highly desirable:
- Previous experience in a customer support role
- Technical or IT service trained
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
£15,000 per annum.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.