What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You'll support project managers in the management of projects from the beginning through planning, design, construction and handover.
- This will involve developing detailed plans for the delivery of projects and oversee progress during implementation
- The projects you will work on will be developing our city regions and providing vital infrastructure for future generations
- You'll be working collaboratively with teams of specialists to solve complex problems, assisting with the preparation and management of contracts and coordinating project resources
- The projects can be very varied in size, location and complexity. For example, they may involve highways, bridges, airports, ports, rail schemes, major buildings and site development projects in the UK and internationally
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- As part of your apprenticeship, you'll study towards the Level 4 Information Manager qualification
- You'll study at a local partner college on day release, and combine this experience with real responsibilities in the workplace
- When joining us as one of our apprentices, you'll enjoy the opportunity to study for a paid, professionally-recognised qualification in a discipline that will help you further your career
- Throughout your apprenticeship, you'll have access to our online network. You'll also take internal courses. These cover technical aspects of the business, such as software, but also vital 'soft' skills such as report writing and working effectively
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade B/5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4) Essential
A Level or equivalent 3 or more (Grade C) Essential