Chaser Communications is an independent telecoms company based in Newcastle in the North-East of England and is rapidly expanding throughout the UK. We work closely with UK Businesses of all sizes, drawing on over 20 years Communications experience to provide a complete, impartial range of telecoms, mobile phone, voip, I.T. Services, phone systems, broadband and photo copier products, services and solutions.
Are you looking for a Customer Service, IT / Telecom’s role?
Looking for an Apprenticeship role where you can progress?
Do you enjoy solving problems and speaking with customers over the phone?
This role has those things and more to offer. Located in Newcastle upon Tyne, you will be working in a team dealing with our business customer queries about our telecoms products and services via phone and email.
Full training will be provided.
You will provide high quality 1st line support for all aspects of our business whilst working closely with I.T and Telephone Service teams.
- Answer all incoming calls, emails and technical queries professionally and effectively.
- Process contracts from start to finish
- Creating accounts on our CRM and arrange installs
- Liaise with the customer throughout the process
- Accurately log details of all faults as they are received on the CRM platform and ensure they are forwarded to the relevant team
- Investigate and resolve customer network services issues and faults (Telephone Lines, Broadband, Fibre Circuits etc.)
- Engage with suppliers via telephone, email and online portals
- Provide regular and timely updates to the customer including information from other parts of the business if required
- Complete adhoc service requests from customers e.g. network diverts
- Investigate and resolve company Mobile faults (O2, Vodafone, EE)
- Log calls / faults and maintain dialog with subcontractors ensuring a timely fix whilst keeping the customer informed
- Liaise with internal departments (accounts / provisioning team) where required to resolve / investigate issues
- Deal effectively with all hardware equipment faults, issuing return notices for units still under warranty
- Embrace change and provide constructive ideas for improving service, working methods and environment
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities considered appropriate
What we are looking for:
Key skills and qualities:
- Experience of working in a technical helpdesk environment.
- Experience of interacting with online portals.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines and service standards.
- Excellent Telephone manner.
- Ability to build good customer relationships.
- Good understanding of the Telecoms industry.
- Communications fault finding and diagnoses experience.
- A good knowledge of the relevant Microsoft Office packages (e.g, Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Ability to stay calm and focused under pressure.
- Good organisation and planning skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Dependable and flexible.
- Experience of using CRM databases to log and manage customer tickets.
- Proven record of quality customer service excellence.
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
What’s in it for you?
- A great team to work collaboratively with – they’re a lot of fun with a good work ethic.
- A competitive salary, lots of company benefits, rewards, recognition and more.
- Training in our products and services.
- The opportunity to learn, develop and progress in the team or in other areas of the business.
- The role is desk based.
- There’s free parking outside and on-site.
A full-time role will be available upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, with a chance to progress further in your training.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.