Shift Leader Apprenticeship
- Lifetime Training
- £232.50 - 292.50 per week
- Closing date
- 5 Jan 2023
- Business / Management
- Hospitality & Travel
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
This vacancy will see you trained initially as a Crew Member, and progress through Crew Trainer all the way to Shift Manager by the end of the apprenticeship.
As a Crew Member, you will be quickly trained through a 6 week course that will transform you to a completely independent team member.
You will be earning between £7.75 and £9.75/hr, depending on your age.
As a Crew Trainer, you will be given given additional responsibility and duties, as an experienced member of the team.
You will be expected to progress into this role after roughly 6 months, earning £10.25/hr
As an Apprentice Shift Leader, you'll quickly learn how to lead the best shifts that consistently deliver the highest standards of quality, service, and cleanliness to uphold the McDonald's brand. You'll lead a team that works together to provide the best, quick service, and a great family restaurant experience.
You will be expected to progress into this role after roughly 1 year, earning £12.00/hr
If you've visited one of our restaurants before, you probably have an idea of what is involved in working here. But you might not realise the variety and scope of the role. You'll be working in our fast-moving, high-energy environment and we're looking for people with leadership and customer-focused behaviours.
What your apprenticeship will offer:
● You'll work towards a Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor apprenticeship - equivalent to 2 A Levels!
● You'll receive day to day training in your restaurant and a blended social learning experience for your qualification. This will be delivered on a 121 basis in your workplace by one of our expert Coaches every 4-6 weeks via face-to-face visits or remotely over telephone or Skype
● The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme designed to create opportunities for lifelong knowledge, skills, and behaviours
● You'll be assigned an Apprenticeship Mentor who will support you alongside your Manager and Coach throughout your training and in the run up to your End Point Assessment
● They will coach you from your first day and facilitate your 20% off-the-job training as well as support you with your practical and online assessments
What your role will involve:
When working as a Shift Leader in a McDonald's restaurant, you will complete a number of regular tasks which will include:
● Create a positive, dynamic and inclusive working environment
● Display leadership behaviours by coaching your people and providing feedback
● Agree shift targets with area leaders, follow up on execution of the plan
● Communicate shift targets and goals to all team members, energising the team to meet them
● Monitor and coach the correct service procedures with the team
● Work with the Business Manager and management team to communicate and meet team goals
● Attend and participate in weekly managers' meetings
● Review Crew schedule to ensure staffing meets demand
● Respond to customer complaints confidently and follow customer recovery process
● Communicate food quality and people focussed messages on every shift
● Review training needs for crew and monitor execution of shift training
● Take responsibility for your training in all areas; look for opportunities to improve and develop
● Identify and respond to equipment failure/unplanned activities
● Complete checks to maintain food safety and hygiene standards throughout the shift
● Maintain stock levels and ensure order accuracy and quality and conditions of products received
● Monitor safety and security during the shift
Your working schedule:
Whilst you will have a rota including a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends you might also be asked to work additional hours outside of this at short notice.
● Holiday pay
● Pension scheme
● Flexible working
● Free staff meals & employee discounts on selected McDonald's food
● Opportunities for training and development
● Discounts at major high street retailers
● Exclusive employee competitions
● Service awards
At McDonalds, you will be working towards the Hospitality Supervisor Level 3 Standard over 15 months.
Lifetime provides award-winning apprenticeship programmes and expert strategy advice. We are specialists in delivering apprenticeships across the Business Services, Management, Health and Social Care, Early Years, Active Leisure, Hospitality and Retail sectors between levels 2 to 5. We’ve developed through organic growth and strategic acquisitions over the last 25 years to become the UK's largest national provider of apprenticeships. We support over 20,000 learners a year, using our extensive knowledge and robust resource. Our team of over 1,000 employees ensures that we provide high quality, national coverage. Lifetime's Head Office houses our Operations 'Support Hub', while our delivery teams of Regional Trainers, English and maths Tutors, Area Managers, and Quality Improvement Coaches are field-based throughout the UK. This ensures that we can offer nationwide coverage with local delivery.
- 0333 014 3669
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert