At the Catalyst Care Group, we are proud to say we are ‘people-led’ – meaning that people come first. Core values of Family, Impact and Teaming are at the centre of our ‘Make It Personal’ culture – which drives all our policies, processes, systems, and services as well as behaviours and results. We believe a ‘cultural fit’ is equally as important as skills, experience, and competence and so we hire, measure, and reward our people on this basis.
Salary, Benefits, & Progression
- Potential for increased earnings upon completion of the apprenticeship
- Massive on looking after their people
- Real family feel and supportive team
- Large monthly events
- Everyone’s birthday is celebrated
- Keen to progress staff and develop them in areas they are strong in
- Loads of apprentices and most stay on beyond their training
- The opportunity to train and specialise in other areas of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship, e.g. Finance Department
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Compiling reports as required
- Managing diaries for team members
- Scheduling meetings, taking minutes and create a process of recording evidence.
- Answering telephone calls from clinicians and clients answering any queries and engaging with family members to resolve any issues.
- Responding to emails internally and externally.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the Catalyst Family.
- Support with pensions for internal and clinicians.
- Invoicing support to the team
The successful candidate will:
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong administration and computer skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- High attention to detail
- Emotional intelligence
- Open to learning new behaviours
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Relationship building skills
Other personal attributes
- Career focussed and eager to learn
- Proactive and organised. Enjoys working with people
- A problem solver who is self-motivated and flexible
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, team environment
- A strong team player demonstrating loyalty and commitment to company, clients, and teams
Business Administrator Training
During this advanced apprenticeship, you will learn a vast range of knowledge, skills and behaviours, covering topics such as:
- Project management
- Systems & processes
- Business structures and so much more.
You will undertake the ground-breaking Professional Apprenticeships Business Administrator Level 3 qualification. Professional Apprenticeships hold the title of Bristol and Bath Apprenticeship Training Provider of the Year for 2021. We also boast the highest Ofsted rating, which only a select few training providers in the region have.
The programme is designed to mould you into a high-level, all-rounded business professional. You will learn in detail about:
- Business communication
- Managing change
- Problem-solving & much more.
These modules are designed to jump-start your career and make you stand out in an increasingly competitive field, boosting your future earning potential.
Catalyst Care Group’s values are One Team. One Plan. One Goal.
Their Vision is to be known as the most humanised community health and social care provider, the most clinician-centric organisation, and a great place to work for all.
Their Mission is to put ‘people’ at the heart of the decisions they make and the actions they take.
Their Goal is to transform people’s lives for the better.