L3 Engineering Apprentice
- Kohler Mira
- Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- £15,000 + bonuses and yearly salary increases (subject to performance)
- Closing date
- 8 Feb 2023
- Engineering & Aerospace
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 24 months+
Kohler Mira operates under 3 successful brands: Kohler UK, Mira Showers and Rada. We have a strong history of apprenticeships and aim to offer valuable training and experience which benefit both our businesses and the individuals gaining them.
If you are enthusiastic, ambitious and driven, we challenge you to join our Award-Winning apprenticeship scheme as an Engineering Apprentice, become a part of our ever-growing apprenticeship scheme, and take advantage of the opportunities we provide to develop your skills.
Basic Function / Job Summary
You will learn and obtain experience in the fundamentals of either mechanical or electrical engineering or a combination of the two, primarily through training at GET College* in your first year, and through onsite placements. From second year onwards, you will continue to study part-time.
Your apprenticeship will last for a minimum of 3 years, during which time you will rotate around the wide range of engineering teams across our business.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will be taught, and put into practice a range of engineering skills. You will be supported by a dedicated apprentice manager who will oversee your development, college progress, and ensure you are working on value-add business projects.
You will join an ever-growing cohort of apprentices across the business and engineering function all focused on working towards similar goals. We encourage and empower our apprentices to strive for achievement with many of them winning awards at Nationally recognised events for Sustainability and Contact Centre contributions, and recognition awards through their colleges.
Key / Specific Responsibilities
You will engage in full time study at college during your first year with the business and complete projects during holidays. From year 2, you will participate in part time study for subsequent years of the apprenticeship to achieve Technical Certificate in a Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
Subject to aspiration, performance and business requirement, you may progress onto HNC/D and will have the opportunity to apply for a bachelor’s degree post-apprenticeship or continue alternative studies in further education on a part-time basis.
Once you’re in the business full-time, you will undertake a series of objective training placements in different departments working on initial design all the way through to manufacture and distribution. These may include:
- Product Design - combining knowledge of design, engineering, and manufacturing processes to create innovative new products Experimental Prototyping – Create prototype parts using cutting edge additive manufacturing equipment and CNC machines Research and Development Lab –Rigorous development testing of new and existing products to British and International standards New Product Integration – Design and implementation of new production lines and specification of automated machinery Assembly and Manufacturing Engineering – Front line problem solving and improvement projects in the manufacturing area Electronics – Hardware and software design, development, and testing for new and existing products.
Where applicable, you may also experience business functions outside of Engineering, such as Finance, Customer Service and Sales in order to gain a full understanding of our business.
Regular time for self-reflection and review, and one to ones with your manager will be in place. You will also be able to access, and utilise, our comprehensive Associate training courses and materials. This will support you to regularly review your strengths and areas for development, and for two-way feedback.
As an apprentice you will also:
- Support and be a part of the Kohler Mira Apprentice Community
- Support STEAM at Kohler Mira
- Participate in Charity events And more!
- A minimum of 5 GSCEs, achieved or predicted, A*- C or 9 – 4, including English, Maths and Science Strong desire to learn and develop, using open thinking; able to easily adapt to new ways of working An evident interest in engineering as a subject Experience of engineering activities are advantageous but not necessary. This may include: Hobbies or voluntary work Previous work experience Engineering related school subjects
- Good IT skills - A working knowledge of Microsoft office programs is sufficient Ideally able to demonstrate a strong work ethic, e.g. through part time employment and/or voluntary activities
- Show initiative in different situations Be curious, experiment and innovate Be a team player Take responsibility and be accountable for your actions and decisions Show an ability to prioritize Show an ability to listen well and work to improve the experience of our customers
Find out more
If you’re interested in finding out more about our business and this opportunity, join us at our Open evening on Wednesday 30th November 2022 or Thursday 19th January 2023. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a booking form.
How to Apply
Applications open 30th November 2022 and can be made via our website: www.mirashowers.com/earlycareers.
Your application should include both a:
- CV outlining any relevant qualifications, skills and achievements Personal statement outlining why you would like an apprenticeship with Kohler Mira (max. 400 words)
*Please ensure both documents are uploaded as one document on our system*
Applications close on Wednesday 8h February 2023.
If your application is successful at stage 1, the next step will be to attend a mandatory assessment centre on Tuesday 28th February 2023. Please ensure you are available to attend before submitting your application. If successful at the assessment centre, final stage applicants will be taken through to a formal interview weeks commencing 6th and 13th March 2023.
*We continually review the quality of our training providers to ensure that our apprentices are receiving the highest standard of training and so reserve the right to change provider or the apprenticeship you are enrolled on, if this is required to fulfil our obligation to you. You will always be enrolled on a course that is relevant to your apprenticeship. **Kohler Mira adheres to the apprenticeship standards framework. Therefore, this programme may be subject to changes, if made at a national level.
Why Work at Kohler Mira?
People have been turning to us for bathroom products for over 100 years, a responsibility we don’t take lightly. In all of the businesses that make up Kohler Mira we are committed to designing innovative products that bring beauty, comfort and safety to life. Because of this we understand that it takes investment in our people and their development in order to deliver on that commitment and so, we invest heavily in each individual’s personal development in a variety of ways.
In addition to the investment in personal development, Kohler Mira offers a competitive salary, numerous wellbeing benefits and a strong involvement in Corporate Social Responsibility.
In the UK, Kohler Mira Ltd. is made up of three market leading brands; Mira Showers, Rada Controls and Kohler Company. Where our brands differ in market position they are equal in quality, each living up to the Kohler Company mission to live on the leading edge of design and technology and provide a single level of quality regardless of price.
Learn more about us, our brands and career opportunities at www.kohlermira.co.uk.
It is Kohler Mira’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified associates in all job classifications without prejudice. If, as an individual with a disability, you require adjustments during the recruitment process, please email@example.com
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert