What will the apprentice be doing?
The ideal applicant:
A shift manager supports the pub manager and, when running a shift, takes responsibility for the pub's operation. This includes motivating, supporting and organising the team, responding to customers, delegating tasks and working in all areas of the business, including in the kitchen and behind the bar.
We're looking for people with personality, a can-do attitude and not afraid of hard work. In return, we will train and develop your skills to succeed in a career at Wetherspoon, offering an award-winning training programme and a competitive pay and benefits package.
Pay and benefits include:
- Starting salary of £24,804, increasing to £26,365 after training - (additional pay-weighting at selected locations and within the M25)
- Complimentary meal and a drink on shift
- 40-hour working week
- Employee discount
- Bonus scheme (up to 25% of salary)
- Free Wetherspoon shares (after a qualifying period)
- Pension scheme
- Loyalty reward scheme
- Future pub management opportunities
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Taking responsibility for the pub's operation, when running a shift, including compliance with company operating standards and legislation, dealing with customers, administration and cash management
- Leading, supporting and motivating the team
- Prioritising tasks, delegating and problem-solving
- Working a variety of shifts across the week (including front of house and in the kitchen)
- Delivering high standards in all areas: cleanliness, product quality, customer service, maintenance and atmosphere
Level 4 hospitality manager - functional skills in maths and English (if required).What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As a shift manager, you are not expected to take on any tasks which you haven't completed as part of your training on the relevant management academy modules. If you would like to progress in Wetherspoon, our award-winning training programme offers you the skills and knowledge which you will need to proceed and succeed.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Team Working, Organisation Skills Qualifications
Other None required (Grade None required) Desired Things to consider
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.