What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Our apprenticeship is all about giving you the foundation to build a trailblazing career at Barclays. It's a chance to move forward and achieve your ambitions - at any point in your life.
- As an apprentice, you'll take on a role in our Technology team and work towards professional qualifications. All with constant support and plenty of personalised training.
- Working at the centre of our FinTech operation, you'll upskill in coding, engineering and development and help us build the tech that power Barclays now and in the future.
- You'll learn alongside the people you'll be working with day-to-day - getting the same professional training as they do.
- You'll even benefit from one-to-one training and tuition, and have dedicated mentors (both inside and outside of Barclays) to turn to for advice and guidance.
Over 15 months, Multiverse equips apprentices with the foundational technical and durable skills they'll need to be successful in agile environments, aligned with the technologies and frameworks most relevant to their role. Our hybrid virtual program takes the best aspects of Computer Science degrees (theoretical knowledge and critical thinking) plus traditional coding bootcamps (practical coding skills) and incorporates them into Multiverse's unique applied learning model.
By the time they complete the program, apprentices will have built proficiency in full stack development, applied their skills throughout the software development lifecycle, and made key contributions to initiatives at their companies. Apprentices also have the opportunity to explore a specialty area most relevant to their employer's needs, participate in hackathons, and work on a project portfolio throughout the program. At the end, apprentices will receive a Software Engineering Level 4 apprenticeship standard qualification.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Towards the end of your apprenticeship, we'll put together a portfolio of evidence that you're ready to move forward. That will include observations about your progress from your manager and your Talent Coach; statements from you about what you've learned; customer comments; a copy of the Personal Development Plan you've set with your manager, and chats with both you and your team about your knowledge. You'll gain professional qualifications and you'll even be a full-time employee from day one, which means you don't have to apply for a job with us at the end: you'll already have one.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent any three other subjects (except General Studies) (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential