Apprentice Surveyor (degree apprenticeship) - 2017 start
About the employer
For more than two decades, ISG has been providing construction solutions to some of the world’s most successful and enduring businesses, cities and institutions. Our customers trust us to deliver — and our repeat business and numerous industry accolades prove it. Yet today’s fast-paced world demands more than a safe pair of hands. Delivering the places of tomorrow requires the ability to think big, collaborate widely and meaningfully, and build in real capacity for change. For this reason, everything we do at ISG, from our work with our customers to our relationships with our own people, is focused on delivering smarter and more resilient places of tomorrow.
We have developed a comprehensive development programme to give your career at ISG and in the construction industry a kick-start. Our programme gives you an exciting insight into many different roles and specialist areas and supports you as you develop your career.
Our Apprentice Development Programme is five years and comprises:
- Your degree programme with UCEM
- A formal training programme covering both behavioural and technical skills from problem solving and team working, to essential health and safety training
- Rotation across core disciplines with the option to add other rotations into your programme
- A structured development record to guide you in the skills and experience you need to gain across the different roles and specialist areas in the industry
- A dedicated supervisor to work with you and support you in completing your development record and gaining the experience you need
- A line manager to support you on each project
- A buddy, from a previous graduate/trainee/apprentice intake to help you settle in
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills
- Organisation skills
- Team work skills
- Science/ Technology/ Engineering/ Maths skills
- We look for the following attributes in our people:
- Customer orientated
- Keen to learn
- Results focused
- Honest and open
- Interest in the industry
Predicted or achieved a minimum of 240 UCAS points from:
- Your A levels (excluding general studies) with at least one A level in Maths or Science
- Your BTEC Extended Diploma (180 Credits) or a BTEC National Diploma (120 Credits) in Science, Construction or Engineering
Grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
Additional entry requirements: Evidence of taking a leadership role in an extra-curricular activity.
Initial short listing for the role will be conducted by our partners at UCEM.