SCC (Specialist Computer Centres) is the leading IT services organisation in Europe. We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
You will have the chance to complete and IT Apprenticeship.
What’s in it for you:
Join SCC on a journey of learning and personal development as an IT Field Service Engineer Apprentice covering Bristol and surrounding areas.
Your role would be to be part of an ever growing and exciting IT company on the wave of change. SCC will support your journey by providing mentoring and customer training alongside industry recognised accreditations on manufactures such as IBM, HP, DELL etc.
You will in due course attend customer sites to provide support of IT hardware and software product failures in the field and would travel around in a company supplied vehicle to execute repairs and fixes within the required Service Level Agreements we have for our customers.
£16,500 per annum.
You will be responsible for:
- Diagnosing, replacing and repairing a variety of PC products both hardware and software based in the field
- Assisting other engineers in the delivery of service to our customers
- Communicating with Call Administration and the Branch throughout the day to effectively manage all call details in real time and gain full understanding of the customer’s requirements
- Completing part movements (RMA generation and physical movement)
- Represent SCC in a professional and positive manner at all times
- Be compliant with management system policies, company policies and guidelines and take responsibility for health and safety in the workplace
- Must be professional and presentable at all times.
- Respond to any requests for information from your line management in a timely manner
What we are looking for:
You will need the following skills:
- You must have full UK driving Licence to perform the role as driving to client sites is essential
- Must be able to embrace new technologies and adapt to change
- Interest of PC, Laptop, Printer and associated peripherals operation
- Candidate should be eligible for UK Security Check (SC Clearance)
- Passion, determination, resilience, communication, willingness to learn, and the ability to work autonomously
To be selected for this role, you need to be eligible for SC security clearance.
The entry requirements for this Cloud Network Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
40 hours per week.
Successful candidates will be enrolled as a Network Specialist Apprentice, following the Information Communications Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship standard. There is further development potential to be fast tracked to higher level engineering grades with potential opportunities in the future to move into other roles within SCC.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
Futhermore, to be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.