Infrastructure Technician Level 3 (Global Employee Operations)
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 30 Apr 2023
- Banking & Financial Services, Technology
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 24 months+
Programme Duration: 18 months
Start Date: September 2023
Who are we?
At Bloomberg we work on purpose. The goal of our Apprenticeship Programme is to help you find yours.
Are you interested in the world of finance? Do you want to learn how data and technology keeps the global markets moving? Do you want to help bring clarity to a complex world and be a part of our future?
Bloomberg is a company that is constantly innovating, and as part of the Apprenticeship Programme you’ll learn as much about yourself as our business. Bloomberg will support you every step of the way. When you start, you’ll be connected with a buddy and a mentor who’ll help you navigate life at Bloomberg and support you as you pursue your new career. Regular check-ins will ensure you’re happy and on track to reach your true potential.
What is the Apprenticeship Programme?
This Apprenticeship Programme at Bloomberg is an exciting opportunity to take your first steps in changing or starting a rewarding career. During your time with us we will support you in combining work and education - you will have an opportunity to gain a qualification as an Infrastructure Technician while also being an important and highly valued member of the team. We will trust you to build your knowledge of network infrastructure, troubleshooting and optimisation to support Bloomberg with your expertise.
This opportunity will provide you with an alternative route into a global organisation away from the classic university pathway. You'll have a chance to learn from our experts, develop and grow, while working within a collaborative and innovative environment. You will have access to a comprehensive internal training programme and will be provided guidance on every step of your apprenticeship journey to take your career to the next level.
Introducing the Global Employee Operations Team
Workplace Operations & Supply Chain, through our services and applications are dedicated to providing an employee experience that drives innovation, collaboration, productivity, and transparency. Our Global Employee Operations Team is central to this effort by providing platinum support to nearly 21,000 employees and more than 500,000 annual visitors in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world.
We are a close-knit, hardworking team who rely upon a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide; and those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well, and where we can develop.
For example, our 21,000 employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 400+ software titles, as well as monitoring our entire corporate network that consists of 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays and 120,000 network connections.
- Available to start September 2023
- A minimum of five GCSEs grade A – C (9 – 4 on the new grading system) OR a Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Have lived in the UK continuously for the past 3 years
We will trust you to have:
- Strong customer service skills including telephone etiquette and a professional demeanour
- Foundational knowledge of technology processes and systems, such as popular operating systems and software applications. Plus an eagerness and aptitude to learn new technologies
- Have excellent spoken and written communication skills including proficiency in English
- Be great at time and workload management
- Multi-tasking and problem solving skills as well as an ability to work independently and as part of a larger global team
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure and fast paced environment
What’s in it for you?
- Gain invaluable work experience
- Earn a competitive salary
- Have access to a comprehensive benefits package
- Gain access to excellent support networks
- Have the opportunity to complete formal training and study towards a qualification
- Become part of our Bloomberg Apprenticeship community
- Participate in Bloomberg’s philanthropic efforts, volunteering events and communities
Step 1: Online Application Form: Submit an online application form along with your most up-to-date CV. Show us you are eligible.
Step 2: Telephone Interview: Successful candidates will be invited to schedule a 25 minute telephone conversation with a Bloomberg Recruiter. Show us you are motivated.
Step 3: Assessment Day & Team Leader Interview: Complete some interactive online tasks and exercises designed to help you demonstrate your strengths and abilities. Show us you are capable.
Step 4: Final Interview: Meet with our Managers to discuss your motivations and potential. Show us you are the best person for the apprenticeship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert