Engineering Technician - Mechatronics Apprentice
- Liverpool, Merseyside
- Starting Salary £19,000 with Yearly increases
- Closing date
- 29 Jan 2023
- Engineering & Aerospace, Supply Chain & Transport
- Role Type
- Start Date
Are you a motivated, organized person seeking a exciting and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment?
Do you want to earn whilst you learn ?
Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works in partnership to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees?
If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
We work across multiple sectors including Retail, Automotive, Aerospace, FMCG, Retail, Public Sector and Aviation? This diversity means that no two contracts are the same and the possibilities of career development are almost endless.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team, you'd like to join … keep reading.
Role detail :
- To learn and provide engineering and maintenance support to the entire facility to minimize downtime through planned preventative maintenance. Work in a safe manner and comply with site health and safety rules to ensure own and others safety at all times Identify problem areas and proactively develop solutions Working with operations regarding opportunities to undertake servicing to maximise productivity within the facility Carry out facilities systems testing on a regular basis to conform to statutory regulations Conduct contractor induction to enable safe working
As part of your Apprenticeship, you will gain skills in the below and many more:
- Read and interpret relevant data and documentation used to maintain components, equipment and systems.
- Carry out condition monitoring of plant and equipment Carry out planned maintenance processes on plant and equipment.
- Carrying out complex fault diagnosis and repair processes on high technology engineered systems such as, maintaining mechanical equipment, maintaining fluid & pneumatic power equipment, maintaining electrical & electronic equipment and maintaining process control equipment.
- Carrying out confirmation testing and subsequent smooth hand over of equipment & plant support the installation, testing and commissioning of equipment (where applicable).
- Contribute to the business by identifying possible opportunities for improving working practices, processes and/or procedures
Whilst also achieving the following achieve the following qualifications as part of the programme:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence).
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Mechatronics Maintenance Technician.
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
Here's what we need from you:
- GSCE Maths & English (Grade C or 4-9) or an equivalent functional skills level 2 qualification – We will require copies of these or copies of predicted grades for those who have not fully completed their qualifications at time of experience day.
- An ordered mind set Eagerness to learn Computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office applications - desirable.
- Have the ability to travel to site and hold a full UK driving licence at time of start date
What do you get in return?
As part of a growing DHL population, you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits, which include 25 days holiday, childcare vouchers and retail discounts. You will also receive an annual salary review.
We want our Apprentices to build their careers with us upon successful completion of the program; contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a real contribution to society as well as to the world of Supply Chain logistics.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application, along with your prior qualification certificates and/or predicted grades
DHL is passionate to ensure we provide equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore, we aim to ensure workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation
For any questions regarding the Apprenticeship, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert