Network Engineer Level 4 Apprenticeship - ITSM162
The Microsoft IT Apprenticeship Programme are offering this exciting new opportunity for an IT minded individual with the ambition to learn new skills and gain on the job experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who provide cutting-edge technologies, founded in 1992 to offer IT troubleshooting services to local entrepreneurs and SMEs, they now run a wide-range of services in computer and retail IT support operation dealing with variety of customers.
The Company have been involved in both UK and international software development projects with a special focus on the retail and retail finance sectors. During 2015 The Company successfully completed the deployment of an innovative, cloud-based software and hardware solution to over 200 UK retail outlets.
Through the Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through online learning and practical experience. These qualifications are highly respected and sought after, giving you a fantastic head start to your career in IT.
For more details, keep reading
Duties and Responsibilities
The role is to provide expert installation, design and support solutions to our main customers ensuring that the service provided meets or exceeds the established Service Level Agreements and quality standards.
There will be a healthy blend of support and project based work. You will be taking care of all day to day tasks such as changing switch configurations, adjusting Firewall rules, setting up IPSec VPN tunnels, troubleshoot routing across global WAN/MPLS, and documenting the network.
To ensure the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Individual tasks vary depending on the size and structure of the customer, and includes the following:
- Delivering exceptional customer service remotely
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software
- Any interest in one or some of the following is important;
- You will need a good eye for detail with a view to improving results on a daily basis.
A bright, enthusiastic, hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. With a friendly personality, able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service to the companies they will be supporting. Positive, can-do attitude, who will drive improvement and add value.
They are looking for someone with:
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must.
- A team player
- Friendly personality
- Good Time Keeper
- The ambition to learn new skills and further your career in IT.
- Completed a level 3 IT Apprenticeship
- You should have GCSE Maths & English at C or above and 3 or 4 other subjects at least. You will have enjoyed school, and you'll be ready for a new learning environment in the world of work.