Web Development Apprentice
We have an exciting apprenticeship opportunity, based at our Kidderminster office, for a passionate individual to start their career in web development. You will be eager to learn new skills and have a genuine interest and passion for web development. But, it's not all coding! You will need a strong-eye for detail and good communication skills.
- To train as a Web Development Apprentice as part of a 2.5 year Higher-Level apprenticeship.
- To support the IT Department by developing skills to contribute as a member of the Web Development Team under the direction of the IT Development Officer.
- By fulfilling the role, you will help to ensure that the Group is able to deliver a high-quality digital presence on the Internet.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Gaining skills and knowledge to assist in the design.
- Coding, and testing of our web sites and mobile applications.
- While following the IT Department's instructions to ensure tasks are consistently delivered to a high standard.
You will be expected to provide both professional written and verbal communication while delivering outstanding customer service.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
The following are essential attributes for this role:
- You will have experience of a professional office environment or will have the ability to act professionally in all work related roles.
- Confident user of IT and Technology, with experience of business applications (eg. Microsoft Office, Google Docs, etc.)
- Regular user of websites, smart phone apps, and social media.
- Some prior knowledge of “HTML” and web page development (this could include a task with a school or college course, or development of a site for personal use or a club/group). You will be asked at interview to provide evidence of your work.
- Experience of interpreting a brief; planning, designing and creating a finished solution (for example, this could include a task to design and create a product within a school or college design course).
Exposure to any (or all) of the following web development disciplines:
- MySQL databases
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Fireworks
The following qualities are essential:
- A genuine interest in website design and development. Along with enthusiasm for a continuing career in IT and an aptitude and willingness to learn and develop.
- Highly motivated individual with initiative, and willingness to undertake new tasks.
- Creative and passionate; always striving to produce high-quality solutions.
- Willing to experiment and offer different design options; accept and learn from feedback.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise, multi-task, and handle high workloads in a busy working environment.
- Excellent team member able to contribute ideas and support fellow colleagues at all times in ensuring a successful team.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with a wide and varied audience.
- A commitment to undertake technical training and gain industry recognised certifications.
A full UK driving licence is desirable, but not essential at this stage.Qualifications required
- 7 or more GCSE grades A*-C or equivalent (to include Mathematics, and English).
- GCSEs or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject (e.g. ICT or Computer Studies)
- A or AS Level qualification