Technical Support Engineer Apprentice
This is a fantastic opportunity to kick start your career in systems support engineering for the global satellite organisation AST. They are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has a strong passion for IP networking and systems engineering who wish to pursue a career in satellite and networking industry.
AST are looking for a Satellite systems support engineer to join their growing systems team to provide systems support for their maritime and land satellite services. Some of the roles you will be undertaking are:
- IP based networking.
- Monitoring of satellite systems and networks.
- Testing and repairing satellite communications equipment.
- Installation of satellite equipment.
- Diagnostics, electronics & communications theory.
- Global Customer Support.
- General support where needed.
- (Full training and support will be provided as part of the 12 month apprenticeship).
- IP networking skills.
- IP networking training/qualifications - desirable.
- Good general IT skills with knowledge of MS Office applications - Essential.
- Understand the need to deal with customers sensitively and courteously - Essential.
- Able to work individually or as part of a team - Essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - Essential.
- Ability to communicate enthusiasm - Essential.
- Strong desire to learn - Essential.
- Ideally a minimum 4 GCSEs C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).