Finance Apprenticeship with Magna Learning Partnership
- BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- Salisbury, Wiltshire
- Closing date
- 4 Feb 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Duration of Apprenticeship:
This is an excellent opportunity to learn and develop in a dynamic organisation. Magna Learning Partnership is a new and growing not-for-profit organisation, currently a group of 10 schools in the Salisbury area, with plans to grow. Our apprentice will have the opportunity to help us as we support the schools in obtaining good value for money, managing our resources effectively and efficiently.
Our finance apprentice will be allocated a mentor to support them as they learn and will be given the opportunity to work in a number of different areas of finance in our small team. We use the Sage accounting system, which is widely-used in all sectors.
Responsibilities will include:
• Processing purchase invoices (entering against correct budget lines)
• Helping budget holders to analyse spending against budgets
• Analysing expenditure by type to identify potential savings
• Checking goods/services are received & matching to orders
• Setting up payment runs for suppliers (identifying when due, dealing with supplier queries)
• Recording other transactions in finance system (parent payments, credit card, cheques)
• Processing third party income (lettings, cross charges) – raising invoices, recording receipts
• Recording cash receipts
As the apprentice progresses, their role can expand to include assisting with:
• Visiting sites to check asset existence and monitor petty cash
• Recording fixed asset transactions, Bank reconciliations, VAT claims, Payroll checks
• Credit control (monitoring and chasing debts)
• Financial monitoring reports (monthly reporting for schools)
• Monitoring regularity of expenditure (eg spending against grant income as appropriate)
• Financial reporting (helping with annual statutory accounts preparation)
As an Accountancy Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship at Level 3. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the full AAT Level 3 qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.
· A/7 in GCSE Maths and five GCSE grades C-A* (or 4-9) including English
· 3 A-levels grades A*-C (or equivalent)
Personal Qualities & Skills:
· Conscientious - we need someone with good attention to detail, who understands our need to deliver good outcomes for children with the resources we are given
· Co-operative - we work as a team and need someone who will fit with our supportive ethos
· Resilient - demands can be high and we need someone who can cope well with pressure and deliver
This is a fixed-term appointment for two years, with an 18 month course, which offers invaluable experience of finance in any organisation, but particularly the not-for-profit sector. As our organisation is growing, we may be able to offer a permanent role in the future
About BPP Professional Apprenticeships
BPP is one of the UK’s largest providers of professional apprenticeship training. They work closely with some of the UK’s leading employers including RBS, EY and Starbucks to create unique opportunities for apprentices.
Who Are BPP Professional Apprenticeships?
BPP have been delivering professional qualifications for over 40 years. Training over 80,000 leaners each year, across areas including law, management, accountancy, insurance, banking, nursing, healthcare and more.
What BPP Professional Apprenticeships Offers
BPP's programmes are developed in partnership with employers and respected professionals. Their programmes offer recognised professional qualifications, with a clear pathway from one level to the next – all the way up to chartered status. Regardless of position, almost anyone can get involved. From entry-level talent, to the most senior leaders. Through an apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to develop a stronger, wider and deeper skill set.
Once you’re on your apprenticeship, you will be surrounded by BPP’s experts. Including dedicated Coaches who will support you through your journey, and Tutors who will provide their expertise on your chosen course. BPP’s flexible delivery blends digital learning with a face-to-face approach, and in some cases peer-to-peer learning, to help minimise disruption in your working environment.
- 0161 244 6471
BPP 5TH FLOOR, ST JAMES' BUILDING
79 OXFORD STREET
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert