An opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Apprentice to join Alma Products Ltd in Runcorn.
Alma Products was established in 1988 and offers a one stop shop for all packaging needs. Focussing on providing either formable plastic sheet for Form-Fill-Seal applications, or thermoformed and printed plastic food packaging.
The successful candidate will be working within the printing and thermoforming department and will be enrolled on to Performing Manufacturing Operations Apprenticeship Level 2. The 12 month apprenticeship consists of a Performing Manufacturing Operations Diploma, BTEC in Improving Manufacturing Operations and Functional Skills in Maths and English level 2.
- To produce finished product to the required standard and to the customers specification.
- To work in safe manner as to not endanger yourself or other personnel.
- To maintain the highest standard of housekeeping on his/her machine at all times.
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS
- No quality complaints either internally or externally.
- To maintain and better production Key performance indicators or KPI’s.
- To have a flexible approach to the running of the machine.
- Proactive approach.
- To be legible and numerate.
- Continuous improvements approach (Lean Thinking).
- To ensure that the working area is ‘visit ready’ at all times.
- Conformance to all Company and statutory procedures.
- Proficiency with the operating controls of equipment after training.
- Commitment to training.
- Maximize the use of raw materials.
- To understand and consistently adhere to product quality and packaging specifications as detailed on production documentation.
- To set machines in accordance with Standard Setting documentation.
- To identify and remedy issues detrimental to maintaining quality and productivity standards.
- Take action to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Take action to keep the production of scrap to a minimum.
- To maintain the highest standard of housekeeping at all times in the machine area.
- Ensure that all tasks are undertaken effectively and efficiently.
- To troubleshoot in order to correct or improve machine performance.
- And carry out any other duties required.
20 days paid holiday per annum
There are two positions for Thermoforming. Hours are 12 hour shifts days and nights 06:00 to 18:00 and 18:00 to 06:00 and the contract is 40 hrs per week over a rolling shift pattern.
And one position for Print. Hours are 12 hour shifts days and nights 07:00 to 19:00 and 19:00 to 07:00 and the contract is 40 hrs per week over a rolling shift pattern.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship