First Line IT Support Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- WD17 1LA, Watford
- £18,278 per annum.
- Closing date
- 4 Feb 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Watford Community Housing are a housing association with homes across South-West Hertfordshire.
We aim to make a real difference by delivering better homes and supporting our communities, because we know that good homes give people the chance to lead more fulfilling lives.
We own and manage more than 6,800 homes and associated assets in South-West Hertfordshire. Our business is evolving rapidly as we find new ways to deliver great homes, improved services and much-needed new homes. We also have a one-star accreditation from Best Companies, putting us in the top 25 housing associations to work for.
We have exciting plans for the future – and you could help us to achieve our goals.
This role will be a 2-year fixed term contract which includes completing a Level 3 Information Communications Technician course in the IT team.
What’s the role?
The main purpose of this role is to support the use of technology and IT related systems in order for the Group to maximise the effectiveness of the digital roadmap for the employees, tenants and external stakeholders.
Ultimately, to support the Technology and Information Services team in delivering the objectives of the corporate business plan.
£18,278 per annum.
Some key accountabilities: [will be to:]
- Assist in the day-to-day business support operations for IT services to improve the quality of the end users experience when using IT systems and devices.
- Install, configure and provide initial desk side support for hardware system to the end user.
- Install and configure end user application software.
- Maintain the IT inventory for hardware and software.
- Setup and provide first line support for printers, telephones and audio-visual equipment.
- Monitor end user request to identify potential trends in software or hardware failure.
What are we looking for?
- As part of your role, you will be an effective team player with good literacy, numeracy skills to be able to accurately maintain records.
- You will have a flexible approach to work and are good at time keeping.
- You will also have experience of Windows operating systems whilst having the ability to effectively utilise ICT including Microsoft Office and other software to report, input, manipulate and present information as required.
- We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude, who is a team player, able to organise and prioritise workload.
- Is professional and approachable, with an openness to learn.
As well as:
- Able to show that you can confidently use Microsoft Office and other ICT systems
It would be great if you can show previous experience of communicating effectively and experience of working within prescribed framework.
The entry requirements for this Cloud Network Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
What can we offer you?
We know that people are our most valuable assets, so we offer a range of benefits including 28 days’ annual leave, an employer pension contribution of up to 11%, development opportunities and access to a comprehensive employee rewards scheme.
How to apply
If this sounds like your next role, click ‘apply now’, tell us why you've got what it takes and send us a copy of your current CV.
The closing date is 13th December 2022, (but please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive a large response).
Interviews will take place from 14th December 2022.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert