IT Technical Support Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- SG8 5HA, Royston
- £17,690 per annum.
- Closing date
- 4 Feb 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
As a global leader in sustainable technologies, we apply our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us.
We’ve been leaders in our field for more than 200 years, applying unrivalled scientific expertise to enable cleaner air, improved health and the more efficient use of our planet's natural resources.
We have more 200 years of success behind us; be part of the next stage of our growth journey and help maintain our reputation as one of the most admired organisations in our field.
Our unique culture and people give us competitive advantage and will ensure our success for years to come.
You can be part of that success story.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an ICT - Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
£17,690 per annum.
You will be working across multiple sites to ensure infrastructure is performing to standard.
As well as providing local on-site support for availability management and global/regional project implementation activity, ensuring local infrastructure delivers to business expectations (SLA) whilst remaining fully aligned to global JMIT Policies.
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support local infrastructure, including computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones, meeting room equipment, local area networking (inc. wi-fi) and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Diagnose and resolve issues associated with end user-based application software, multi-user applications (where unique to site) and operating systems.
- Install and support PC, laptop, tablet and mobile hardware and applications software including supporting desk moves/new workplace setups.
- Carry out basic systems operations’ duties requiring local hands and eyes support, including back-up tape management, supervised server restarts, LAN patching, and cabinet management.
- Contribute to project teams in the improvement of current BIS services and development and delivery of new BIS services.
- Maintain the IT infrastructure to a high professional standard thereby maximizing the productivity of employees whilst supporting the business plans.
- Share acquired knowledge with colleagues through formal documentation and communications sessions.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Ensure that at all times company Policies, Standards and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are adhered to.
- As a member of the global I&E (Infrastructure & Engineering) community you will be a champion of the function’s values and culture, while demonstrating and openly encouraging the behaviours expected from a professional, best in-class IT team.
- JMIT consists of geographically dispersed teams and therefore all roles include working with remote and cross-cultural teams.
- National/International travel as required in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- The apprentice will be required to participate in the Major Incident Management process which may mean out-of-hours participation in incident resolution and service restoration
What we are looking:
Experience of working with the following technologies:
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- MS Exchange
- Office 365
- Mobile Technology
- Printer Technology
- DNS, DHCP
- Working knowledge of desktop, laptop, server and printer computer hardware dependencies and relationships of networks, phones, mobile devices, PC’s operation systems, databases and applications used in the JM environment.
- Experience of technical implementations with good understanding of Microsoft and networking technologies.
- Holder of a recognised IT qualification (ITIL) or has significant IT experience.
Personal skills & key competencies:
- Building collaborative relationships
- Building self-Insight
- Coaching & developing self & others
- Customer focus
- Initiating action
- Managing work
- Work standards
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert