First Line IT Support Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- SL6 3LE, Maidenhead
- £13,500 per annum.
- Closing date
- 3 Feb 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Holyport College provides a joyous and inclusive education which is uncompromising in encouraging each individual to aspire to academic excellence, to learn that embracing opportunity is its own achievement and to understand that a diverse, harmonious and happy community is the foundation of individual success.
Holyport College are looking for a keen and enthusiastic individual who would like to begin an exciting career in IT.
With a wide scope for learning and hands on experience in all aspects of IT ranging from Virtual Infrastructure, server and end point support & much, much more.
This is a great environment for an individual to grow their knowledge and experience through a very hands-on approach.
Full mentoring along with access to industry grade training will be provided.
Duties:[will be to:]
- Promote the highest possible standards in customer care, equal opportunities and health and safety practices for the benefit of learners and the wider community served by the School.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults served by the School.
- Respond to helpdesk calls regarding hardware, desktops and network support and resolve those problems within specified timescales in line with current departmental service levels.
- Provide ongoing technical support for users of the School systems, including basic training to end users and advice on new technology.
- Support on the interactive teaching technology eg IWB and provide necessary support, including keeping accurate records of IT asset.
Job Activities: [will be to:]
- Answer the Helpdesk calls and maintain the system to keep accurate records of day to day work.
- Provide technical and software support to users of the School systems, utilising remote desktop and deployment of School standard staff and student images.
- Log calls with external suppliers to resolve warranty/non-warranty escalations.
- Ensure that only licensed software applications are installed on student and staff PC's to comply with software licensing agreements.
- Assist in receiving delivery of IT equipment and stock, security marking it and ensuring that it is entered into the appropriate inventory.
What we are looking for:
Skills and experience:
- Computer literate
- Familiar with windows operating systems (Windows 10 & 11)
- Familiar with Microsoft office
- Familiar with email systems
- Any hardware repair skills (desirable)
- Familiar with IT security (desirable)
- Knowledge of network cabling (desirable)
- Passion for IT and hardware
- Organisational skills
- Can do attitude, willingness to learn
- Team player
- Willingness to stay for the long term after the apprenticeship
An Enhanced DBS check will be carried out, as this is an educational establishment.
The entry requirements for this Cloud Network Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Need to know:
- Occasional out of hours work may be required.
- Additional access to Industry technical courses will be provided by the school, along with guidance on what the school would like them to study.
Once the Apprenticeship is complete, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to be fully integrated into the organisation and help it to continue growing.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert