IT Support Engineer Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- HD1 3BD, Huddersfield
- £16,000 per annum.
- Closing date
- 27 Jan 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Adventoris specialises in the development of ground breaking Mobile Business Software. Given the huge changes in technology, and its revolutionary impact on the way we live and work, Adventorisis seeking to capitalise on this tremendous opportunity.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
The Apprentice Business Support Technician plays an important communication focused role, by processing the support requests that come in from our customers, via phone and email, turning these requests into Helpdesk Cases (AKA support tickets).
This is a training role, contributing to delivery of quality communication, technical support and implementation services to our customers. We focus on supporting our customers in making the best use of technology in their business, in particular (but not limited to) Microsoft products and services.
Our Apprentice Support Technicians are often the first to touch a new Helpdesk Case, making sure issues are handled quickly and customers are kept updated. Apprentices are supported by the more experienced members of our Support Team.
£16,000 per annum. [base salary -- with plenty of room for salary increases / progression opportunities]
- Managing the support desk.
- Logging and responding to client support requests.
- Collecting information on issues, investigating them, and identifying solutions.
- Maintaining client communication on outstanding issues.
- Providing support, undertaking tasks, for the wider implementation team.
- Testing client setups of SwiftCloud.
- Handle multiple support requests at any given time.
- Efficiently managing personal time and productivity.
- Maintain and provide detailed records of daily calls and activities, customer discussions updates, on the CRM system.
- Provide first class customer service.
- Ensure all customer emergency contacts are maintained on the CRM system.
- Actively seek to exceed expectations, look for improvement and deliver within required timeframes.
- Operate in a professional manner representing the company with a very smart appearance, maintaining immaculate records and vehicle as set out by the business.
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably required by the Line Manager or designated authority.
Skills and qualities we are looking for:
- Flexible, pro-active approach with 'hands on' approach
- Good communication skills
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows 10
- Ability to work in a team
- Any exposure to Windows Server and Networking would be desirable
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- A fast-paced and varied environment (we all enjoy what we do, making the most of our different skillsets, pulling together as a team and delivering great results for our customers)
- A proactive approach to ongoing training to help you develop life-long skills
- The opportunity to work in a pleasant location with good public transport links
- Free parking on-site, if you drive and have your own transport
- A generous holiday allowance
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert