IT Technical Support Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- WF5 9JS, Ossett
- £9,380 per annum
- Closing date
- 7 Feb 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Concorde Technology Group is one of the UK’s leading technology services and support providers, delivering cost effective and innovative IT services and solutions.
They understand that great people are the key to success; through investing heavily in training and development they ensure Individuals who demonstrate the right attitude and drive have the opportunity to learn, grow and have a long and prosperous career within the industry.
Concordes apprenticeship program combines fast-paced, on-the-job instruction with real work - guaranteeing that you won’t just be stuck in a classroom all day!
They are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
Concorde is looking for someone to join their team who is passionate about IT, enjoys working in the industry, are creative, energetic, and bright.
Initially the apprentice will act as a 1st line support help desk technician, raising and allocating problem tickets for Concorde clients on any IT related issue using our online systems.
Benefits / Perks:
- Excellent staff development and progression
- An established company culture
- Enjoyable friendly environment
- Answering Service Desk calls in an efficient and courteous manner helping, where possible, to resolve simple issues during the call.
- Escalating tickets internally to other team members, as appropriate.
- Identify and isolate technical issues and initiate action as appropriate.
- Consult with technical colleagues to resolve complex IT problems and issues.
- Represent this Company in technical forums and projects.
- Document and deploy technical processes and procedures.
As an Apprentice Technician within this Company, you will be expected to:
- Be interested in the IT environment away from the workplace, keep up to date with new technologies and read industry specific literature.
- Answer Service Desk calls and respond to client queries online or via Email.
- Deal with technical problems accordingly and promptly, fixing issues where possible remotely.
- Escalate any issues that require more senior input to the suitable person internally.
- Communicate with and support colleagues, customers, and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate excellent English oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of standard applicable computing disciplines including change, configuration, problem, performance, and operational management
- Adhere to the Group Information Security Policy.
- Working to ISO27001 and ISO1900 standards
What we are looking for:
- Good communication skills
- Passion for IT
- Adaptable approach
- Eagerness to learn
- Team player
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position within one of the many departments.
The opportunity will be to progress to an Advanced and then a Higher Apprenticeship - which may also exist for the right candidate.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert