Data Analytics Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- SG8 5HE, Royston
- £18,000 - £22,000 per annum.
- Closing date
- 3 Feb 2023
- Business / Management
- Advertising, Media & PR, Technology
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Higher
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Who you’ll be working for:
Johnson Matthey is a global leader in sustainable technologies. We apply our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us. We’ve been leading this field for more than 200 years, applying unrivalled scientific expertise to enable cleaner air, improved health and more efficient use of natural resources. And our story doesn’t end there. Through continued investment in sound research and development, we’re tackling the world’s big challenges into our third century and beyond.
What’s in it for you:
The Digital Analytics Apprentice will work in the JM Data Office and Digital Analytics team and offers a unique opportunity to get exposure across the JM business and gain a complete overview of JM as a whole.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Data Science Lead and the Digital Analytics Team to identify, understand, scope and deliver new digital and analytics projects across JM as a whole.
- Undertaking hands on development of a number of digital / data projects and deliver them end to end on behalf of the business.
- Learning how to identify data sources, ingest them into the data lake, transform and model them then build visualisations on top utilizing tools such as SQL, Python, AWS and Tableau.
- Undertaking requirements gathering and documentation through workshop facilitation, journey mapping, high-level design activities through to technical design and build.
- Supporting project management, tracking and benefits realization of digital and data projects.
You will need the following skills:
- Data and digital analytics awareness / knowledge
- Strong analytical skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization
- Strong SQL or Excel skills with the ability to learn other analytic tools
- Effective communication, teamwork and task/time management skills
- Ability to present data in various forms for a technical and non-technical audience
The right attitude for this role is more important than technical capability – you need to bring enthusiasm, an open, customer-focused mind, and an ability to think critically and creatively about how to solve key problems that will support the achievement of the JM strategy through data and digital projects. Natural curiosity is key to this role a desire to learn is most important rather than previous technical / computing experience.
- Level 3 qualification (apprenticeship/A-levels/BTEC, etc)
- OR equivalent work experience (typically two years in a relevant role)
- 5 GCSEs, including English and Maths at Grade 4 (C) or above
- Experience with using Excel and Microsoft products (or similar)
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
37.5 hours per week
92% of QA Apprentices secure full-time employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert