IT Degree Apprenticeship (London)
If you are looking for an alternative, accelerated path into the IT industry, you should consider this 4 ½ year study and work programme from Capgemini. It includes all the opportunities you need to prepare for a successful career in the IT industry, acquiring technical skills in software engineering as well as broader business related personal development.
The degree is BSc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions. This has three, eighteen month stages, each equivalent to a normal academic year. Each stage comprises three six-month blocks. This pattern of study is designed to fit around full-time employment and uses a blended learning approach, which mixes distance learning, work-based study and attendance at on-campus study days.
This approach allows apprentices to be both productive employees with Capgemini, learning relevant skills on the job, and participants in a learning community of students who are broadening and deepening their professional knowledge together.
- The opportunity to study part-time for a BSc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions and several professional qualifications
- A thorough grounding in software engineering and consulting
- Valuable experience on client projects on-going support from experts in your chosen field and from buddies or mentors
- The chance to develop skills in environments such as C# .net; Drupal/PHP; Microsoft, Java, SQL and to work with Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Regular reviews, tracking performance and re-assessing salary in line with performance
- Relevant and substantial work experience
- The opportunity to reach and exceed the salary of a graduate entrant after end of the 4 ½ years
- No student loan or tuition fee debts
- Sponsorship, giving you a debt free start to your career - our Degree Apprentices study for a degree without requiring a university loan.
- Academic achievements and qualifications preferably in IT or STEM subjects (e.g. Maths), and in English.
- An interest in IT that you can demonstrate via a hobby, work experience or personal study - maybe you've designed a website or taught yourself some programming?
- Team-working and collaborative skills to build successful relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues.
- The communications skills to articulate ideas in a concise, influential way, in both speech and writing.
- The analytical and creative ability to come up with innovative, effective solutions.
- The flexibility to travel to offices and client sites across the UK.
- A minimum of seven GCSEs at grades A*-C, or equivalent, including Maths and English.
- 3 A-levels (achieved or predicted) at grade C or above (240 UCAS points), or equivalent(e.g. a National BTEC with at least one distinction). These may include an IT-related subject (e.g. IT, Maths or Science).
- As an alternative to A-levels you may have completed an Advanced Apprenticeship in IT. These results may be actual or expected at the time that you apply.
- NOTE: Some roles may require 300 UCAS points including grade B in A-level Maths