IT Degree Apprenticeship (Bristol)
If you are looking for an alternative, accelerated path into the IT industry, you should consider this 4 ½ year study and work programme from Capgemini. It includes all the opportunities you need to prepare for a successful career in the IT industry, acquiring technical skills in software engineering as well as broader business related personal development.
The degree is BSc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions. This has three, eighteen month stages, each equivalent to a normal academic year. Each stage comprises three six-month blocks. This pattern of study is designed to fit around full-time employment and uses a blended learning approach, which mixes distance learning, work-based study and attendance at on-campus study days.
This approach allows apprentices to be both productive employees with Capgemini, learning relevant skills on the job, and participants in a learning community of students who are broadening and deepening their professional knowledge together.
- The opportunity to study part-time for a BSc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions and several professional qualifications
- A thorough grounding in software engineering and consulting
- Valuable experience on client projects on-going support from experts in your chosen field and from buddies or mentors
- The chance to develop skills in environments such as C# .net; Drupal/PHP; Microsoft, Java, SQL and to work with Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Regular reviews, tracking performance and re-assessing salary in line with performance
- Relevant and substantial work experience
- The opportunity to reach and exceed the salary of a graduate entrant after end of the 4 ½ years
- No student loan or tuition fee debts
- Sponsorship, giving you a debt free start to your career - our Degree Apprentices study for a degree without requiring a university loan.
- Academic achievements and qualifications preferably in IT or STEM subjects (e.g. Maths), and in English.
- An interest in IT that you can demonstrate via a hobby, work experience or personal study - maybe you've designed a website or taught yourself some programming?
- Team-working and collaborative skills to build successful relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues.
- The communications skills to articulate ideas in a concise, influential way, in both speech and writing.
- The analytical and creative ability to come up with innovative, effective solutions.
- The flexibility to travel to offices and client sites across the UK.
1. A minimum of seven GCSEs at grades A*-C, or equivalent, including Maths and English.
2. 3 A-levels (achieved or predicted) at grade C or above (240 UCAS points), or equivalent(e.g. a National BTEC with at least one distinction). These may include an IT-related subject (e.g. IT, Maths or Science).
3. As an alternative to A-levels you may have completed an Advanced Apprenticeship in IT. These results may be actual or expected at the time that you apply.
4. NOTE: Some roles may require 300 UCAS points including grade B in A-level MathsFuture prospects • Permanent full time role from day one • On track to be earning at least the equivalent of our graduate entrants having experienced a number of promotions • Shape your career in the path you want to take it Things to consider NOTE: We have positions available across the UK - all of which can involve travel to other offices and client sites. It's important to note that, wherever you're based, you will be on a mobile contract. You will be expected to travel to, and work on, client sites throughout the UK each week. Naturally, we pay your travel expenses when you're working away from home. Apprentices tell us getting to travel around like this is a lot of fun. Competitive salary of £10,000 per annum rising to £16,000 after 9 weeks of induction and training.