IT Service Desk Apprentice (Arthur J Gallagher)
- Estio Training
- WF1 3NT, Wakefield
- Closing date
- 1 Feb 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Level 3 Information Communications Technician
About the company:
We are Gallagher, a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. Much more than simply an insurance broker, we are an international group of partners that provide cost-effective, client-centric, and expertise-driven risk management solutions. Our leadership team fosters a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture that has made us an innovator in creating new products and services for our clients.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Service Desk Apprentice with Arthur J Gallagher a global insurance and risk management company.
We are looking for a passionate individual who wants to start their career in Technology to join our team in this new Service Desk Analyst Apprentice role.
You will be supported more senior members of the team in your apprenticeship journey
You'll learn how to provide 1st line technical support to a user base of approximately 7,000 internal UK based colleagues, along with a variety of other challenging daily activities.
You'll also learn to provide analysis, diagnosis and resolution of your customers’ IT issues, fulfilling customer requests for new IT hardware, software and access.
What we offer you:
We want Gallagher to be the organisation that all our people are proud to be a part of and where everyone can call themselves one of our team. Where our culture is embracing of difference, where you can be the best and, perhaps most importantly, be yourself.
We are all different in some way. If we were all the same, and all thought the same, we would be vulnerable as a group. By welcoming and encouraging diverse opinions and backgrounds within our organisation, we will have a healthier, more innovative and ultimately more profitable business.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Balance phone calls, emails and self-service tickets from internal staff concerning IT issues, queries and requests.
- Play a critical role in resolving problems with in-house software and hardware, such as mobile phones, laptops, PCs and printers.
- Work quickly and effectively together as a team; aim to achieve targets and SLA's.
- Maintain a high degree of integrity and exceptional customer service for all support queries, update your customers with detailed synopsis.
- A passion to build and publish targeted support materials to help maximise the delivery of new messages and tech for colleagues.
- Improve, develop and share your technical knowledge to aid increased fix rate within the group.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- High level of interest in IT.
- Previous exposure to technology desirable but not essential.
- Superb communication skills and telephone manner, outstanding organisational and troubleshooting skills. An ambitious achiever who gains real satisfaction from providing excellent customer service. Passionate and determined to succeed. Eligible to work in the UK.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert