- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 9 May 2023
- Accounting, Energy & Utilities
- Role Type
- Graduate, Other work and training
- Start Date
A career that will deliver change. Together, we can help Britain achieve net zero.
Join our Finance Graduate programme and you can make an immediate impact, powering the nation today, whilst helping to build a sustainable energy future for tomorrow.
“I’ve always been an advocate for a sustainability and with decarbonisation of the energy industry being key to tackling global warming, utilising my finance knowledge and previous experience in this field seemed like an ideal fit.”
Danica Apaya, Finance Graduate
What is the Finance Graduate scheme?
We’re recruiting for graduates who would like to gain an accounting qualification with the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), whilst developing experience in the diverse and exciting energy industry.
During our 3-year Finance Graduate Programme you’ll move around our sites and finance teams, learning from our experts, in preparation for a rewarding finance career.
Our previous Finance graduates have gone on to become; Senior Manager of Wholesale Markets Finance, Planning & Reporting manager and Head of Sizewell C Finance. Career progression is something we pride ourselves on.
Training, development and support for you:
We’re passionate about your development and offer a tailored training path that will develop your skills, knowledge and behaviours, both during the scheme and in your future career.
During the programme, you can expect real work from the word go - including forecasting and budgeting activities, examining operating costs, getting involved in major projects and preparing reports for senior leadership.
We’ll provide you with financial support and study leave to achieve your CIMA qualification, the rotational nature of the placements will enable you to cover the practical requirements of your qualification with ease.
Head to www.edfenergy.com/careers/graduates for more information about the scheme structure, our culture and Graduate life at EDF.
Where you’ll work:
You could be based at any of our sites across the UK and and we'll be on hand with practical and financial support when you relocate. We offer a great work/life balance to support people's personal lives whilst giving them the opportunity to network and learn.
What you’ll need to apply:
- 2:1 Bachelor's Degree or a 2:2 Postgraduate Degree (or expected) preferably in Finance/Accounting, Business, Maths or a numerical subject
- Ambition to become CIMA qualified accountant and to work in a finance role
- Flexible approach and enthusiastic team player
- Eager to learn and develop your skills
What salary and benefits are we offering you?
- Starting salary of £31,000
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Market-leading pension scheme
- Annual performance bonus
- Flexible benefits package
- Wellbeing, physical and mental health support services
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
If you’re passionate about tackling climate change, our Finance Graduate programme offers you the opportunity to develop an exciting career whilst helping progress the UK towards a Net Zero future.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.
At EDF we’re proud to be the only company in Britain already generating low carbon electricity from wind, nuclear and solar. A low carbon mix to power the nation, whatever the weather.
We’re working together to champion a low carbon lifestyle and collaborate widely in our search for innovations to achieve more.
From apprenticeships to scientists, engineers to analysts, our career opportunities are as diverse as our business. Many of our people move around our company as they progress their career within our six UK business areas:
- Customers: We’re proud to serve more than 5 million British residential and business customers, and our aim to be the best at solving customers’ needs. We offer innovative solutions such as smart meters, smart heating, electric cars and charging points, to make it easy for our customers save energy, save carbon and save money.
- Generation: To provide a secure energy supply for the future, the UK needs a diverse and balanced energy mix. Our existing eight nuclear power stations make an important contribution to this mix, as they reliably generate low-carbon electricity and offer the most affordable large-scale, low-carbon energy source currently available to the UK.
- Nuclear Development: As part of our commitment to help secure the UK’s energy future, we’re building a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C in Somerset, as well as jointly developing other new build proposals with our partners in the East of England: Sizewell C in Suffolk and Bradwell B in Essex.
- Renewables: EDF Renewables UK, a joint venture between EDF Energy and EDF Renouvelables, develops, builds, operates and maintains wind farms and other renewable technologies such as battery and solar throughout their lifetime.
- Corporate and Steering Functions: Legal, Supply Chain, HR, IT, Strategy and Corporate Affairs... Our corporate community is a vital part of who we are at EDF and how we’ll achieve our vision to help Britain achieve net zero.
- Training Programmes: Our range of training programmes offer something for everyone, regardless of where you are in your career. Find out more about our graduate scheme, apprenticeships, placements and PhDs on our website.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a competitive pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. It’s a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we’re about the people who work with us – a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that’s vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we’ll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
A career that will deliver change. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.
90 Whitfield St
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert