Network Engineer Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- DN4 5RA, Doncaster
- £18,000 per annum.
- Closing date
- 3 Feb 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Higher
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are groundbreaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer.
We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space.
Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Are you looking for an employer who will sponsor you through a qualification, whilst providing valuable and exciting on-the-job experience within a global, innovative and industry-leading organisation?
Level 4 Network Engineer Apprenticeship – Network Apprentice
Starting salary will be £18,000 per annum, which will be increasing to £19,000 on completion of Apprenticeship.
- Our exciting Network Apprentice role will develop your network and infrastructure skills to become a confident, positive and flexible network engineer with well-honed technical knowledge.
- You will support the team to deliver solutions to deadlines and within budget on both information technology and operational technology systems.
- As a Network Apprentice you will develop the key skills and experience in designing, installing, maintaining and supporting communication networks within or between organisations.
- The networks carry critical data so protecting that data with a secure practices will be a fundamental requirement in all aspects of the work.
Through our apprenticeship you’ll be making the most of your talents, getting to understand network engineering from the ground up; and doing so with the help of one of the biggest and best names in the industry.
As a Network Apprentice you will be studying towards becoming a Level 4 Network Engineer Apprenticeship with our external partner QA Training. For the duration of this 18-month programme you will combine academic study with practical application, working within our Secure Network’s team in Doncaster.
This programme is delivered via a blended learning model including online learning and classroom workshops for each of the 5 knowledge modules.
For the rest of the time, you will be working in the Thales business as a Network Apprentice, alongside industry experts and professionals.
This opportunity is available in Doncaster.
Who we’re looking for:
- We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are motivated, committed and keen to learn.
- A self-starter who is able to manage their time, show initiative and has a genuine interest in network engineering and Thales.
- Successful candidates will show self-discipline and an aspiration to achieve a Level 4 qualification.
You will also need:
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- An A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 ICT
- OR an A-Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject.
Right to Work in the UK for the duration of the 18-month programme.
Assessment centres for shortlisted candidates will be held on Tuesday 28th March 2023. Induction week for all Graduate and Apprentices will commence on Monday 4th September until Friday 8th September 2023.
Our applications will close at 11.59pm on Monday 16 January 2023, this is the only time we will be accepting applications this year. Please note, we will be in contact by the end of January 2023 with details of next steps.
All apprentices require full Security Clearance in line with United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) requirements - to gain clearance you will typically need to have been a UK resident for a minimum of five years. As part of this process, you will be asked to provide evidence of your identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history.
For further details of the evidence required to apply for Security Clearance please refer to https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Thales UK is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process. We will provide reasonable adjustments and support to ensure neuro-diverse applicants or those with a disability or long-term condition can be their best during the recruitment process.
To request an adjustment, if you need this job advert in an alternative format or if you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Resourcing Ops for mid to senior roles, or the Early Careers Team for graduate and apprentice roles.
Great journeys start here, apply now to us directly:
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert