Sales Analysis Apprentice
- Channel 4
- Channel 4, 124-126 Horseferry Rd, London SW1P 2TX
- Closing date
- 27 Feb 2023
- Advertising, Media & PR, Banking & Financial Services
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Job Title: Sales Analyst Apprentice (I&A)
Reports to: Inventory & Yield Lead
Department: Sales Operations
Number of roles: 1
Start date: September 2023
THE C4 APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
If you are looking for an opportunity to gain work experience and a qualification, then an apprenticeship at Channel 4 might be for you.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the apprenticeship.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
Our apprenticeships are aimed at school leavers and people who do not have a degree. If you have a degree, please look at our Production Training Scheme or the Channel 4 Jobs website for other opportunities suitable for you.
If you’d like some tips on writing your application before you apply, please watch our recent YouTube video, How to Write an Outstanding Application.
The programme aims to offer opportunities to those currently underrepresented in the TV industry, so we are particularly keen to hear from Deaf and/or disabled people, ethnically diverse people and people from lower socio-economic groups.
Am I eligible to apply?
You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
The Sales Operations team is responsible for the creation and delivery of maximum revenue across all delivery methods of viewing across C4’s Sales portfolio. The team is required to deliver exceptional levels of service to Sales and our customers, in addition to conceiving and executing innovative methods of creating value through systems, working practices and new trading opportunities.
The Inventory & Analysis team is specifically responsible for business modelling and detailed reporting across both VoD and Linear inventory at Channel 4 Sales, leading the strategy for inventory product mix to maximise and increase yields across the C4 portfolio.
The monitoring and proactive control of the on-going delivery of agency deals, from both a cost and quality perspective, is essential to maximising revenue for Channel 4 and maintaining constructive relationship with agencies and advertisers.
- Prepare analysis using various platforms including Excel, Power BI and Business Objects.
- Run and maintain existing models to produce meaningful insight and directives for the sales team
- Assist I&A team in the gathering of analytics requirements from the Ad Sales team
- Compile reports to communicate our analysis to the wider sales team
- Consider new ways of generating and presenting our analysis, always looking for improvement however big or small
- Train and empower other members of the team on how to access and use our analytical tools effectively
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
As part of the application process, you’ll be asked to tell us how you meet the essential criteria listed below. When answering this question think about examples from your experience so far, this doesn’t need to be professional experience but could be academic, from volunteering or a part-time job.
We’ve provided some examples beside the first four criteria of experience that could demonstrate you have these skills. Please note you do not need to use these examples; they are just here for guidance, and you should draw from your own personal experiences.
- Verbal and written communication skills - Verbal - e.g. experience of dealing with customers or working as part of a team. Written – e.g. writing emails, completing an application form or essay, or if you have a hobby that involves creative writing.
- Attention to detail - e.g. Cashing up on tills or proofreading coursework.
- Organisation skills and ability to prioritise tasks - e.g. Planning events whether personal or for professional purposes, as well as managing work life balance, for example working whilst doing coursework/exams.
- An understanding of and a passion for Channel 4's remit
- A passion to learn a variety of analytical skills using visualisation and interactive software
- Desire to learn the end-to-end analytics process
- Personable, enthusiastic team player who would like to learn through collaboration
QUALIFICATION OFFERED WITH THIS APPRENTICESHIP
Data Analyst Level 4
LENGTH OF APPRENTICESHIP
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS
If you are unable to complete the Apprentice application, we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Skills for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. You can also watch our recent YouTube video, Demystifying Interview and Workplace adjustments.
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Skills team direct at 4Skills@channel4.co.uk.
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
Salary 22,992 Application questions to complete To complete your application please provide a response to the below application questions, you can upload your response to the application questions as an attachment when submitting your application. This can be attached to your application as a PDF or Word document.
- Referring to the essential criteria listed on the job description, (which are all skills and experiences we deem important to thrive as a C4 apprentice), please use examples to demonstrate how you meet these (feel free to draw on academic, personal, and professional experiences). (500 words max)
- Can you share with us what representation and inclusion mean to you and why you think they’re important? (300 words max)
- Please tell us about a piece of work or a project that you are particularly proud of. (300 words max)
- What do you think is most important when you are delivering a new piece of analysis? (300 words max)
- Sum yourself in a tweet (Max 280 characters)
Benefits There are a million reasons why it’s great to work at Channel 4, here are just a few of the perks for you;
• 26 days annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
• Company funded Private Medical Insurance
• A generous Group Personal Pension
• Access to our flexible benefits scheme including dental, travel insurance, health screenings and more! Applications Close Date 27 Feb 2023
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert