- Channel 4
- Channel 4, 124-126 Horseferry Rd, London SW1P 2TX
- Closing date
- 27 Feb 2023
- Advertising, Media & PR, Banking & Financial Services
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Job Title: Marketing Apprentice
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Department: Central Marketing
Number of roles: 1
Start date: September 2023
THE C4 APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
If you are looking for an opportunity to gain work experience and a qualification, then an apprenticeship at Channel 4 might be for you.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the apprenticeship.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
Our apprenticeships are aimed at school leavers and people who do not have a degree. If you have a degree, please look at our Production Training Scheme or the Channel 4 Jobs website for other opportunities suitable for you.
If you’d like some tips on writing your application before you apply, please watch our recent YouTube video, How to Write an Outstanding Application.
The programme aims to offer opportunities to those currently underrepresented in the TV industry, so we are particularly keen to hear from Deaf and/or disabled people, ethnically diverse people and people from lower socio-economic groups.
Am I eligible to apply?
You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
The Marketing department consists of five teams – 1. Central Marketing 2. Brand 3. Media & Continuity 4. Pictures 5. Marketing Operations. Together they are responsible for leading a coherent brand and content marketing strategy for the organisation’s network of channels and services; prioritising, planning and implementing all on- and off-air marketing campaigns.
Marketing collaborates closely with the wider Marketing and Viewer Experience teams, Channel Management, 4Studio and 4Creative.
Recent marketing campaigns include: ‘It’s A Sin’, the Paralympics, ‘MAFS UK’ (content) and ‘Altogether Different’ (brand).
- Reporting into the Head of Central Marketing, the Marketing Apprentice is key member of the Marketing team, supporting the team to produce campaigns that successfully drive viewers to engage with Channel 4 and assisting with the department’s day to day tasks
- Assist in the management and delivery of on-air trails, online pre-rolls, paid social ads and other marketing assets to promote linear and on-demand programming
- Provide support to the marketing teams including: supplying marketing materials to internal or external contacts on request; getting copies of programmes, setting up meetings and promo briefings, creating asset market lists, helping to produce presentations; general adhoc admin duties
- Build and maintain good relationships with internal departments and external partners to ensure they are aware of and supporting marketing activity. This includes 4Creative, Schedules, Media Planning and syndicated platforms (e.g. Sky, Virgin, Netflix)
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
As part of the application process, you’ll be asked to tell us how you meet the essential criteria listed below. When answering this question think about examples from your experience so far, this doesn’t need to be professional experience but could be academic, from volunteering or a part-time job.
We’ve provided some examples beside the first four criteria of experience that could demonstrate you have these skills. Please note you do not need to use these examples; they are just here for guidance and you should draw from your own personal experiences.
- Verbal and written communication skills - Verbal - e.g. experience of dealing with customers or working as part of a team. Written – e.g. writing emails, completing an application form or essay, or if you have a hobby that involves creative writing.
- Attention to detail - e.g. Cashing up on tills or proofreading coursework.
- Organisation skills and ability to prioritise tasks - e.g. Planning events whether personal or for professional purposes, as well as managing work life balance, for example working whilst doing coursework/exams.
- An understanding of and a passion for Channel 4's remit
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills
- A desire to take responsibility and work on own initiative
- An understanding of what makes for effective creative campaigns
QUALIFICATION OFFERED WITH THIS APPRENTICESHIP
Marketing Assistant Level 3
LENGTH OF APPRENTICESHIP
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS
If you are unable to complete the Apprentice application, we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Skills for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. You can also watch our recent YouTube video, Demystifying Interview and Workplace adjustments.
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Skills team direct at 4Skills@channel4.co.uk
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
Salary 22,992 Application questions to complete To complete your application please provide a response to the below application questions, you can upload your response to the application questions as an attachment when submitting your application. This can be attached to your application as a PDF or Word document.
- Referring to the essential criteria listed on the job description, (which are all skills and experiences we deem important to thrive as a C4 apprentice), please use examples to demonstrate how you meet these (feel free to draw on academic, personal, and professional experiences). (500 words max)
- Can you share with us what representation and inclusion mean to you and why you think they’re important? (300 words max)
- Tell us about a recent marketing campaign for a TV show or TV brand you saw that really stood out to you and why? (This doesn’t have to be a Channel 4 campaign) (400 words max)
- The volume of the 16-34 age group watching live TV has declined over recent years. How do you think we could encourage 16-34’s to visit any of our Channel 4 platforms for content? (400 words max)
- Sum yourself up in a tweet (280 characters)
Benefits There are a million reasons why it’s great to work at Channel 4, here are just a few of the perks for you;
• 26 days annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
• Company funded Private Medical Insurance
• A generous Group Personal Pension
• Access to our flexible benefits scheme including dental, travel insurance, health screenings and more! Applications Close Date 27 Feb 2023
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert