Project Manager Apprentice
- Channel 4
- Channel 4, The Majestic Building, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 2EF
- Closing date
- 27 Feb 2023
- Advertising, Media & PR, Technology
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Job Title: Project Manager Apprentice
Reports to: Head of Enterprise PMO
Department: Nations & Regions
Number of roles: 1
Start date: September 2023
THE C4 APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
If you are looking for an opportunity to gain work experience and a qualification, then an apprenticeship at Channel 4 might be for you.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the apprenticeship.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
Our apprenticeships are aimed at school leavers and people who do not have a degree. If you have a degree, please look at our Production Training Scheme or the Channel 4 Jobs website for other opportunities suitable for you.
If you’d like some tips on writing your application before you apply, please watch our recent YouTube video, How to Write an Outstanding Application.
The programme aims to offer opportunities to those currently underrepresented in the TV industry, so we are particularly keen to hear from Deaf and/or disabled people, ethnically diverse people and people from lower socio-economic groups.
Am I eligible to apply?
You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
Channel 4’s Enterprise PMO is a centralised business function, tasked with driving the successful delivery of our Future 4 Strategy. It does this by providing enterprise-wide project governance and oversight, project and portfolio management best practices, mentoring, tools, and standardised processes that work across the entirety of the organisation.
As a Project Manager Apprentice within the Enterprise PMO you will be buddied up with a Project Manager leading one of our Strategic Initiatives. You will support them with the documentation and control of the project whilst shadowing them as they drive and manage the initiative.
In addition to your core project, you will also be assigned smaller project(s) to manage yourself with support from your Buddy and the EPMO, as well as being assigned to other projects within the portfolio where project support is required.
- Project Planning: support the PM with documenting project plans, dependencies and risks.
- Project Control: support the PM with the development and maintenance of effective plans for controlling project scope, schedule and cost baseline. Create documentation to explain changes to the baseline, manage change control logs of all submitted change requests and their status.
- Project Communications & Stakeholder Management: Working with the PM and core business stakeholders to document an effective plan for communicating project information to the stakeholders (e.g. Steering Group).
- Project Risk and Issue Management: Create and Manage RAID Logs and Response Plans
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
As part of the application process, you’ll be asked to tell us how you meet the essential criteria listed below. When answering this question think about examples from your experience so far, this doesn’t need to be professional experience but could be academic, from volunteering or a part-time job.
We’ve provided some examples beside the first four criteria of experience that could demonstrate you have these skills. Please note you do not need to use these examples; they are just here for guidance, and you should draw from your own personal experiences.
- Verbal and written communication skills - Verbal - e.g. experience of dealing with customers or working as part of a team. Written – e.g. writing emails, completing an application form or essay, or if you have a hobby that involves creative writing.
- Attention to detail - e.g. Cashing up on tills or proofreading coursework.
- Organisation skills and ability to prioritise tasks - e.g. Planning events whether personal or for professional purposes, as well as managing work life balance, for example working whilst doing coursework/exams.
- An understanding of and a passion for Channel 4's remit
QUALIFICATION OFFERED WITH THIS APPRENTICESHIP
Project Management Level 4
LENGTH OF APPRENTICESHIP
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS
If you are unable to complete the Apprentice application, we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Skills for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. You can also watch our recent YouTube video, Demystifying Interview and Workplace adjustments.
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Skills team direct at 4Skills@channel4.co.uk
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert