Sales Operations Apprentice
- Channel 4
- Channel 4, 82 King Street, Level 12 Manchester, M2 4WQ
- Closing date
- 27 Feb 2023
- Advertising, Media & PR, Technology
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Job Title: Sales Operations Apprentice
Reports to: Campaign Lead
Department: Sales Operations
Number of roles: 1
Start date: September 2023
THE C4 APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
If you are looking for an opportunity to gain work experience and a qualification, then an apprenticeship at Channel 4 might be for you.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the apprenticeship.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
Our apprenticeships are aimed at school leavers and people who do not have a degree. If you have a degree, please look at our Production Training Scheme or the Channel 4 Jobs website for other opportunities suitable for you.
If you’d like some tips on writing your application before you apply, please watch our recent YouTube video, How to Write an Outstanding Application.
The programme aims to offer opportunities to those currently underrepresented in the TV industry, so we are particularly keen to hear from Deaf and/or disabled people, ethnically diverse people and people from lower socio-economic groups.
Am I eligible to apply?
You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
Sales Operations collectively are responsible for creating and delivering the maximum commercial value for Channel4.
The successful candidate will work mostly within the core Campaign Team who have responsibility for creating and delivering maximum revenue across all means of viewing. This is done be liaising with the sales team to ensure that we utilise our airtime in the best way possible.
During the apprenticeship the successful candidate will also spend a portion of their time working with the Sales Operations Specialist teams which help support this work with multiple forms of Analysis.
- Ensure all Digital and Linear activity is booked through the booking systems and adheres to the internal booking cycle
- Regularly Monitor the delivery levels of all Linear and Digital campaigns, whilst highlighting abnormalities
- Use initiative and judgement to resolve problems and ensure revenue is maximised throughout the month
- Resolve routine Airtime and Digital problems at a campaign level, whilst escalating more complex problems to the Assistant/Exec/Manager
- Understand all aspects of trading within the C4 revenue workflow and factors which impact the C4 sales proposition
- Build strong working relationships with multiple teams within 4Sales
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
As part of the application process, you’ll be asked to tell us how you meet the essential criteria listed below. When answering this question think about examples from your experience so far, this doesn’t need to be professional experience but could be academic, from volunteering or a part-time job.
We’ve provided some examples beside the first four criteria of experience that could demonstrate you have these skills. Please note you do not need to use these examples; they are just here for guidance, and you should draw from your own personal experiences.
- Verbal and written communication skills - Verbal - e.g. experience of dealing with customers or working as part of a team. Written – e.g. writing emails, completing an application form or essay, or if you have a hobby that involves creative writing.
- Attention to detail - e.g. Cashing up on tills or proofreading coursework.
- Organisation skills and ability to prioritise tasks - e.g. Planning events whether personal or for professional purposes, as well as managing work life balance, for example working whilst doing coursework/exams.
- An understanding of and a passion for Channel 4's remit
- A basic understanding of how the TV Advertising Market works
- Ability to problem solve and resolve issues using initiative
- Ability to follow instructions and work both independently and part of a team
- Experience using Microsoft Excel with ability to analyse data with good numeracy skills and an eye for detail
QUALIFICATION OFFERED WITH THIS APPRENTICESHIP
L3 Business Administrator
LENGTH OF APPRENTICESHIP
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS
If you are unable to complete the Apprentice application, we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Skills for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. You can also watch our recent YouTube video, Demystifying Interview and Workplace adjustments.
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Skills team direct at 4Skills@channel4.co.uk
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
Salary 20,972 Application questions to complete To complete your application please provide a response to the below application questions, you can upload your response to the application questions as an attachment when submitting your application. This can be attached to your application as a PDF or Word document.
- Referring to the essential criteria listed on the job description, (which are all skills and experiences we deem important to thrive as a C4 apprentice), please use examples to demonstrate how you meet these (feel free to draw on academic, personal and professional experiences). (500 words max)
- Can you share with us what representation and inclusion mean to you and why you think they’re important? (300 words max)
- Can you give us an example of a time when you were responsible for resolving a problem of any kind and the means you used in order to gain a resolution? (300 words max)
- What attracts you to this role? (300 words max)
- Tell us about a TV/Online Advertising campaign you are familiar with and why you think it was particularly memorable? (300 words max)
- Sum yourself up in a tweet (280 characters)
Benefits There are a million reasons why it’s great to work at Channel 4, here are just a few of the perks for you;
• 26 days annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
• Company funded Private Medical Insurance
• A generous Group Personal Pension
• Access to our flexible benefits scheme including dental, travel insurance, health screenings and more! Applications Close Date 27 Feb 2023
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert