Paralegal Apprenticeship with Cripps LLP
- BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- Tunbridge Wells, Kent
- £384.62 per week 36.25 hours
- Closing date
- 10 Feb 2023
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 24 months+
Duration of Apprenticeship:
We are seeking Paralegal Apprentices to join our paralegal team, based in our Tunbridge Wells office.
As a Paralegal Apprentice, you will complete the BPP Paralegal Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. Additional learning within the apprenticeship will enable you to be awarded a Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education in Legal Services. Your apprenticeship will be delivered by a blend of online and face-to-face training from BPP University Law School and on-the-job learning. The two year programme will equip you with the skills and knowledge to perform a wide range of tasks required of a paralegal working in legal practice.
You will be supporting a high performing team of paralegals in servicing the wider legal teams, including real estate, corporate and private client divisions. You will experience a broad variety of legal work within a knowledgeable and supportive team. Initially assisting with administrative tasks, as you progress through your apprenticeship there will be an element of fee earning work, process management and drafting legal and transactional documents.
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls with clients, other solicitors and third parties
- Responsibility for ensuring deadlines are managed and achieved
- Drafting legal and transactional documents for clients
- Legal research
- Participating in data room management and due diligence projects
- Assisting with projects
- Assisting with finance tasks
As a Paralegal Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Paralegal Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. Additional learning within the apprenticeship will enable you to be awarded a Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education in Legal Services which can afford you exemptions from the first two years of the Level 7 Solicitor Apprenticeship.
Your apprenticeship shall be delivered by a blend of online and face-to-face training from and on-the-job learning.
- Five 4-9 grades (A-C) at GCSE (or equivalent) which must include English and Mathematics.
- Three A Levels (or equivalent) predicted or actual 96 UCAS points.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- A good level of experience with IT systems, including Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident and professional manner
- Methodical, accurate and well organised
- Ability to demonstrate confidentiality and integrity
- Accustomed to delivering work to deadlines
- Flexible and energetic
- Participative team player, keen to develop and learn from colleagues
- Be prepared to undertake a very wide variety of work
- Prepared to work on own but in co-operation with team members and carry out whatever duties are required by the team
- Ability to juggle priorities
- Willingness to go “the extra mile”
On completion of the paralegal apprenticeship, where possible, we would seek to offer you a position as a paralegal at the firm. There may also be the opportunity to further your career through our solicitor apprenticeship scheme. The solicitor apprenticeship scheme allows an apprentice to qualify as a solicitor on completion of a six-year apprenticeship, including the two years served as a paralegal apprentice.
About BPP Professional Apprenticeships
BPP is one of the UK’s largest providers of professional apprenticeship training. They work closely with some of the UK’s leading employers including RBS, EY and Starbucks to create unique opportunities for apprentices.
Who Are BPP Professional Apprenticeships?
BPP have been delivering professional qualifications for over 40 years. Training over 80,000 leaners each year, across areas including law, management, accountancy, insurance, banking, nursing, healthcare and more.
What BPP Professional Apprenticeships Offers
BPP's programmes are developed in partnership with employers and respected professionals. Their programmes offer recognised professional qualifications, with a clear pathway from one level to the next – all the way up to chartered status. Regardless of position, almost anyone can get involved. From entry-level talent, to the most senior leaders. Through an apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to develop a stronger, wider and deeper skill set.
Once you’re on your apprenticeship, you will be surrounded by BPP’s experts. Including dedicated Coaches who will support you through your journey, and Tutors who will provide their expertise on your chosen course. BPP’s flexible delivery blends digital learning with a face-to-face approach, and in some cases peer-to-peer learning, to help minimise disruption in your working environment.
- 0161 244 6471
BPP 5TH FLOOR, ST JAMES' BUILDING
79 OXFORD STREET
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert