- Standard Chartered
- United Kingdom
- £28,000 (growing year on year, linked with performance)
- Closing date
- 3 Mar 2023
- Business / Management
- Banking & Financial Services
- Role Type
- Start Date
Investing in your Future
We’re excited to offer our Client Coverage Apprenticeship 2-year programme where you’ll get the opportunity to ‘earn while you learn’ and gain an industry recognised qualification through the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments (CISI) Investment Operations Certificate. If you have a bright mind and you want to get ahead in your career in an exciting and fast-paced environment we want to hear from you.
Salary: £28,000 (growing year on year, linked with performance)
Entry Requirements: We’re looking for potential, not academics
About Client Coverage
Client Coverage leads the management and development of our Commercial, Corporate and Institutional Banking Client Relationships globally. The Client Coverage teams work together with our product partners to deliver solutions for our clients ranging from Trade Finance, Financial Markets products to corporate advisories for Mergers and Acquisitions.
Industry sectors include Financial Institutions, Commercial Real Estate, Consumer Retail & Healthcare, Commodity Trading & Agriculture, Oil & Gas, Power, Utilities & Infrastructure, Metals & Mining and Clean Technology.
About the Client Coverage Apprenticeship Programme
- The Level 4 Investment Operations Specialist Apprenticeship has a focus on investment management, investment consulting, trading and reporting activities.
- You will complete the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment - Investment Operations Certificate
- Upon successful completion of the programme, you may be offered a full-time position and the opportunity to progress to a Level 6 apprenticeship.
What you’ll gain
- Broad knowledge of Client Coverage including trade facilitation as well and capital and investment flows in and for our footprint.
- Experience of working with some of the most influential local and global corporates, guiding clients through our products and solutions.
- Fully funded industry recognized Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments (CISI) qualification.
What you’ll do
- Work with senior bankers on new business origination activities in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Develop an understanding of industry trends and client analysis.
- Attend global briefing meetings with different departments, undertake research assignments and complete project work
Apprenticeships at Standard Chartered
Alongside classroom and on-the-desk learning, including those that will develop your communication and presentation skills, your day-to-day responsibilities will mean you’ll be contributing to the business from the outset. Mentors, peers and stakeholders will support you as you navigate the organisation with senior stakeholder engagement sessions and events to truly immerse you into the global Standard Chartered Bank network.
- We’re looking for potential, not academics, which means we won’t look at your grades, but we’d like to see that you’re committed to your learning and development beyond your GCSEs, which could be through traditional education, but doesn’t have to be.
- If you are enrolled in university or have a degree, you are unable to apply for this programme, but you can apply to one of our Graduate opportunities.
We’re looking for someone who is
- Hard working, resilient, with a drive to learn
- Able to build strong relationships and with good communication skills
- Reliable and able to work under pressure
- Has a curious and proactive approach with an open mindset
- Logical and an interest in understanding and analyzing data.
If you’re looking for a career with purpose and want to work for a bank making a difference, we’d love to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring. Join us and help shape our future, be on the frontier of banking and open a world of possibilities for yourself.
We’re setting the Standard.
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our colleagues, clients and communities. And we’re on a journey to be the world’s most sustainable and responsible bank.
We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off includes volunteering leave, maternity and parental leave for spouse/partner, compassionate leave, sabbatical leave, along with market competitive annual leave
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realize their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – to ensure we select our apprentices on potential, we have a staged recruitment process to allow you to shine. The first three stages are anonymous and take place online followed by a telephone interview and an in-person assessment centre at our London headquarters.
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities and each other. And we’re on a journey to innovate and transform, with the employee experience at the heart of our evolution. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before.
- 0207 885 5876
1 Basinghall Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert