- QA Apprenticeships
- MK43 0BT, Bedford
- £10,000 - £12,000 per annum.
- Closing date
- 12 Feb 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Partnership Education is a specialist ICT Services provider to the Education Sector. We pride ourselves on being an education company in technology, and not the other way around.
Our mission is simple... to provide outstanding ICT Support to schools.
Here, you will be supporting the technical team, providing 1st line support - both onsite and remotely.
There will be a program of working with other team members in the field providing technician days and completing installations.
- Respond to helpdesk requests remotely
- Taking help desk calls; logging and tracking calls
- Hardware and software repairs in a workshop facility
- Installation of hardware and software
- Carry out network documentation and reporting
- Assisting with sourcing spare parts and replacement equipment
- Assisting technical team with maintenance tasks and installs
What we are looking for:
- Experience of hardware repair and troubleshooting
- Experience of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products
Although not essential, it would be desirable to have workplace experience in / with:
- Hardware and software support
- Customer service
- General office administration
- Well organised and self-motivated
- Good telephone manner
- Able to work independently in the field
- Reliable, enthusiastic and able to work effectively in a team
- Ability to prioritise workload and deliver solutions to meet customer SLA’s
- Strong customer facing skills, with an awareness of varying client technical skills
- Attention to detail and accurate record keeping
- Comfortable around young people in the education environment
**A FULL DRIVING LICENCE AND OWN VEHICLE IS ALSO REQUIRED AS THIS ROLE INVOLVES TRAVEL TO CLIENT SITES**
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Partnership Education have taken on a number of IT apprentices in the past and those individuals have gone on to have very successful careers within the business. The progression pathway is very clear and will provide many opportunities.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert