- Learning Curve Group
- Worcester, Worcestershire
- £24,700 (Base salary with benefits and breakdown of pay in job description)
- Closing date
- 6 Feb 2023
- Supply Chain & Transport
- Role Type
- Start Date
ArrowXL is hiring Driver Apprentices! As the UK’s leading provider of Two-Person Home Delivery, we continuously strive to make the world of delivery a better place. Our aim is to build a welcoming and friendly business that supports the local community. We store and deliver large, heavy and bulky items in pristine condition – the kind of items that typically need two attentive people to handle. Quite often these items need installing for our customers, which we also do!
The ArrowXL culture thrives on six core values:
Innovative I Safe I Respectful I Excellent I Responsible I One Team
ArrowXL is now recruiting suitable candidates for our Urban Driver Apprenticeship to join our team, situated at our Worcester site. We have designed the programme specifically for us – you will work in different roles along the way which will give you fantastic perspective of our product journey. Not only will your responsibilities change throughout the programme, but your salary will also increase!
Once your Apprenticeship is successfully completed, you will continue to be permanently employed as a 7.5t Delivery Driver.
Dealing with items such as refrigerators, televisions, indoor and outdoor furniture requires hard work and dedication. By choosing to be part of our team, you will be warmly welcomed into the ArrowXL family.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now!
During your apprenticeship we expect you to represent Arrow XL to the highest standard including complying with all our Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, you will be specifically responsible for:
As a Warehouse Operative:
- Picking customers’ orders from location
- Accurately loading and unloading both inbound and outbound vehicles
- Checking paperwork is completed correctly
- Safely moving and correctly categorising customer items within the warehouse
- Complying with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Working as a team
- Safely using ArrowXL technical equipment
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work environment
As a Driver:
- Full responsibility and care for your vehicle
- Checking receipt of all relevant paperwork
- Transporting customer items safely and free from damage
- Delivering a variety of items to customers’ room of choice
- Assembling and/or installing customer products – but don’t worry, we will provide you will all the necessary training for this
- Working as a team
- Keeping the customer up to date on delivery progress and resolving any customer questions or concerns
- Informing the depot of any delays
The Ideal Candidate
It is essential that you:
- Hold a full car driving license – unfortunately no provisional licenses are permitted
- Have a passion to deliver excellent customer service – if you don’t like to provide outstanding service to our very important customers, then this role isn’t for you
- Need to be a competent lifter and can lift and move heavy goods
- Thrive on problem solving and enjoy working both as a team and independently
- Are committed, hardworking and have an appetite to learn and grow
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.
- Months 1-4 as a Warehouse Operative; working 37.5 hours at £10.17 per hour
- Months 5-7 as a 3.5t Delivery Driver; working 45 hours at £11.08 per hour
- Months 8-12 as a 7.5t Delivery Driver; working 45 hours at £12.01 per hour
- Job and Finish from Month 5 - guaranteed pay until the end of your shift if your work is completed earlier!
- Overtime and extra shifts are available and paid at time and a half
- 7th shift paid at double time
- Free JAUPT accredited internal Driver CPC training saving you over £200!
- L2 Urban Driver Apprenticeship Qualification Awarded upon completion
In addition to the above, you will also get these great benefits:
- Annual Leave Entitlement – 22 days plus Bank Holidays, which increases with service!
- Enhanced Pension Plan – ArrowXL company contributions matching up to 6%
- Life Insurance – Company funded 2x basic salary life cover from day one
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Long Service Awards – Awarded for every 5 years’ service
- Employee of the Month Incentives – Local winners across the country plus an overall winner chosen by the CEO
- Progression and Development Opportunities – Investment into your career path via our award-winning Training Academy
- Up to 25% Staff Discount at www.very.co.uk
- Retail Discounts – Huge discount savings across retailers and restaurants including Apple, Asda, B&Q, Halfords, Nando’s, TGI Friday’s, Screwfix and many more!
- Discounted Gym Membership – Up to 25% discount across 3700 nationally located gyms, health clubs, leisure centres, bootcamps and fitness studios
- Cycle to Work Scheme – In partnership with Evans Cycles, the Arrow XL C2W scheme offers great benefits and discount
What Apprenticeship Training will you Receive?
The successful applicant will complete and obtain a Level 2 Urban Driver Qualification through Learning Curve Group.
You will be taught through:
- 4-6 Weekly 1-2-1 Sessions with your tutor
- 6 weekly hours of Off The Job Training
- The course is a 12 month programme
- More info can be found here – https://www.learningcurvegroup.co.uk/courses/learners/urban-driver-apprenticeship
Learning Curve Group is a national training and education specialist. We work with further education providers, employers and learners to help them achieve success. Since 2004, Learning Curve Group (LCG) has grown both organically and through acquisition to become one of the largest and most diverse providers in the country. We have strong values which are all centred around our learners – and that's how we believe it should be, as we impact on over 100,000 of them every year. Our ‘Purple People’, the dedicated and passionate people of LCG, help us to deliver success no matter what, to achieve our vision to ‘transform lives through learning’.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert