Pensions & Insurance Administrator Apprentice
- Grangemouth, Falkirk
- £16,000.00 per year
- Closing date
- 12 Feb 2023
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Babington, a leading provider of apprenticeships, professional training courses and learning solutions are supporting our client, a dynamic and multimodal ports owner and operator, offering a wide range of diverse port related services to help connect the UK with Europe and the rest of the world, to recruit for their next Apprentice Pensions & Insurance Administrator, based in Grangemouth.
As an apprentice, what will I be doing?
The Modern Apprentice will learn all aspects of both areas of the business. For pensions, this will involve calculation and payment of member benefits, calculating monthly payroll, processing of leavers and deaths in accordance with the Scheme Rules. Insurance will focus on the day to day support to the wider business and collating all data as part of the annual renewal exercise and any claims. Full support will be given on all aspects of the role.
The role will primarily be based in one location but there could be a requirement to visit other Ports and locations from time to time.
You days will be varied and will include the following:
· Calculation and checking of pension benefits in order to comply with Scheme Rules and statutory obligations.
· Maintaining a supply of information to all relevant bodies associated with pensions (e.g. Actuaries, HMRC) in order that accurate contributions are made and statutory requirements met.
· Preparation of pension payroll to enable Finance Department to process and pay the correct monthly pension amounts.
· Maintain regular contact with members to ensure all queries are dealt with efficiently and courteously so that potential problems are kept to a minimum.
· Maintenance and updating of appropriate records so that information is easily accessible and appropriate decisions can be taken.
· Develop the use of the pension’s administration system, Mantle.
· Responsibility for insurance related administrative tasks, including assisting the Group Pensions, Risk & Insurance Manager to liaise with internal staff and external insurance parties to maintain accurate and timely information for insurance renewal, ongoing information provision and co-ordinating the flow of information for specific claims.
What are the working hours, pay and benefits on offer?
You will be required to work Monday to Thursday 0900-1700 (45 minute unpaid lunch break) Friday 0900-1600 (60 minute unpaid lunch break). In return you will be receive a salary of £16,000 per annum plus.
What training will I undertake and what qualification will I get at the end?
Providing Financial Services SCQF L6 supported with a 121 coach and e-learning platform.
15 Month Duration
Functional Skills level 2 in Maths and English if required.
What is my expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The apprenticeship will lead to a permanent substantive role.Forth Ports Limited has a number of employees that have progressed their careers on completion of their apprenticeship, with some reaching management level.
Are there any requirements for me to be considered?
Excellent IT, communication, numeracy and interpersonal skills. Ideally some previous administrative experience, perhaps gained through part-time work whilst still at school.
If you are interested in an exciting opportunity to kick-start your career in Financial Services – name the sector or job role] apply today, we would love to hear from you!
Babington is a leading professional training course, apprenticeships and traineeships provider. Transform your career or organisation with us.
55 Colmore Row
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert