Advanced Trainee Nursery Assistant Apprentice
- Kent Training & Apprenticeships
- Gravesend, Kent
- £135.00 per week
- Closing date
- 12 Feb 2023
- Education & Training
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Intermediate
- Start Date
Our Nursery is a happy place where all children learn to respect one another, work and play together co-operatively and enjoy learning through play.
We provide a broad, balanced and interesting curriculum that is differentiated to meet the needs of all children which enables children to develop their full potential.
The nursery operates term time only between the hours 8am-4pm.
Bus 306 from Garrick Street (Stop C) 18 min
Description of Vacancy
Your role will be to support the management, be involved in planning and implementing of a flexible, high quality service, which is appropriate to the needs of children and families in the nursery and the wider community. You will support the implementation of suitable programmes of learning opportunities which meet the needs of the individual child in line with Local and National Guidance. You will be part of the senior team providing day to day care and activities for the children. You will assist the team in setting up the nursery and ensure the children are kept safe at all times.
The role of the Early Years Assistant involves working as part of the pre-school team to provide safe, high quality education and care for young children to help prepare them for Primary School.
- Support the management team to facilitate the smooth running of the nursery.
- Accountable for all administration tasks required including record keeping, including staff and child records, data logs, ordering and purchasing
- Administering first aid when necessary and being responsible for ensuring all records of accidents and incidents are correctly logged, stored and monitored.
- Plan prepare and supervise activities suitable for the age range and individual needs of the children.
- Contribute to a high standard of quality within the nursery.
- Ensure appropriate planning and assessment is accurately maintained for key children.
- Supervise and support children at all times.
- Ensure that all children are kept safe.
- Undertake a shared responsibility for cleanliness and health and safety throughout the nursery.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times with children, parents, colleagues and visitors.
- Liaise with parents / carers and staff members.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues and visitors.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained.
- Attend monthly staff meetings, planning meetings and undertake training as required.
- Attend training sessions outside normal working hours.
Starting at £135.00 per week.
£4.50 per hour to be increased on management discretion if candidate prove to be committed, punctual and reliable
Working days are Monday to Thursday, 32 hours a week, 30 minutes unpaid break over 4 days making 30 hours paid work.
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Demonstrate a passion for providing children with positive experiences
- Ability to appropriately promote the positive behaviour of children where necessary
- A can-do attitude and a real focus on customer service
- Flexibility to meet the needs of the business
- Experience in working with children
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of age groups
- Current level 2 childcare qualification or similar.
- Desire to deliver an excellent childcare
- Professional attitude
- Team player
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Outgoing disposition
- Well presented
Minimum achieved Grade 4/5 or equivalent in English and Maths
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – This occupation is found in a range of private and public settings including; full day care, children’s centres, pre-schools, reception classes, playgroups, nursery schools, home based provision, hospitals, social care settings, out of school environments and local authority provision to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert