Trainee Nursery Assistant Apprentice
- Kent Training & Apprenticeships
- Gravesend, Kent
- £135.00 per week
- Closing date
- 12 Feb 2023
- Education & Training
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Intermediate
- Start Date
Our Nursery is a happy place where all children learn to respect one another, work and play together co-operatively and enjoy learning through play.
We provide a broad, balanced and interesting curriculum that is differentiated to meet the needs of all children which enables children to develop their full potential.
The nursery operates term time only between the hours 8am-4pm.
Description of Vacancy
Your role will be to assist other members of the team within the pre-school, under the direction of the Manager, whilst gaining knowledge and skills to develop you own childcare career. To provide day to day care and activities for the children that promotes fun and positive behaviour. To interact with children and assist other members of the team within the nursery whilst gaining knowledge and skills to develop you own childcare career. You will assist in setting up the nursery and ensure the children are kept safe at all times.
The role of the Early Years Assistant involves working as part of the pre-school team to provide safe, high quality education and care for young children to help prepare them for Primary School.
- To assist with the daily routine
- To assist with curriculum planning
- Prepare and supervise activities
- Plan activities suitable for the age range and individual needs of the children within the setting
- Liaise with parents / carers and staff members
- Undertake domestic duties within the unit
- Attend training sessions outside normal working hours
- Undertake all ad hoc duties and projects within the nursery
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Contribute to a high standard of quality within the nursery
- Ensure appropriate planning and assessment is accurately maintained for key children
- Supervise and support children at all times
- Ensure that equality of access and opportunity is provided to all children, parents, staff and visitors
- Ensure that all children are kept safe
- Notify Designated Officer of any safeguarding concerns
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times with children, parents, colleagues and visitors
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues and visitors
- Ensure confidentiality, where appropriate, is maintained
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures and undertake a shared responsibility for cleanliness and health and safety throughout the nursery
- Attend monthly staff meetings, planning meetings and undertake training as required
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line manager
Starting at £135.00 per week.
£4.50 per hour to be increased on management discretion if candidate prove to be committed, punctual and reliable
Working days are Monday to Thursday, 32 hours a week, 30 minutes unpaid break over 4 days making 30 hours paid work.
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Keen interest in working with children
- Willing to prove excellent childcare
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a variety of age groups
- Team player
- Outgoing disposition
- Well presented
Minimum achieved Grade 4/5 or equivalent in English and Maths
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – This occupation is found in a range of private and public settings including; full day care, children’s centres, pre-schools, reception classes, playgroups, nursery schools, home based provision, hospitals, social care settings, out of school environments and local authority provision to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert