Learning Support Apprentice
- Kent Training & Apprenticeships
- Rainham, Gillingham
- £4.81 per hour
- Closing date
- 12 Feb 2023
- Education & Training
- Role Type
- Start Date
Rainham School for Girls represents a culture of high aspiration, high expectation and success. Our aim is to provide an outstanding learning experience for all students within a safe, disciplined and caring environment.
Throughout their educational career, students will be offered a vast range of opportunities to extend their knowledge and skills base in both curricular and extra-curricular activities in order to prepare them for their future careers and for life. Students will engage in a learning journey which will challenge and inspire them, one which will see them progress and grow into independent, confident, respectful young people.
Description of Vacancy
We are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join our team at Rainham School for Girls. The role will be to compliment the professional work of the teachers by assisting with and taking responsibility for certain learning activities within the class. This will involve assisting with planning, preparing and delivering sessions for both individual and small groups under the guidance of your teacher.
- Supervise and support pupils in a variety of learning and social contexts.
- Work with pupils both in and out of the classroom, individually or in small groups.
- Develop appropriate resources to support the pupils.
- Develop knowledge of the national curriculum subjects relevant
- Develop a broad knowledge of additional educational needs and how teaching methods can be adapted to meet these needs.
- Develop and adapt resources to support the curriculum.
- Assist the class teacher and other professionals in the delivery of the
- Undertake the additional tasks e.g. displays, photocopying etc. that have been removed from the teachers under the Work Force reform.
- Provide relevant feedback about pupils to the teacher.
- Take part in class and pupil planning meetings, as required.
- Prepare classroom equipment, work and resources and tidy, as appropriate.
- Actively support the behaviour strategies put in place by the teacher.
- Attend relevant in service training.
- Liaise and consult with other members of the team.
- To be aware of school procedures, especially those relation to Health & Safety and Child Protection.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Actively support the schools behaviour policy.
- Undertake duties falling in the remit of the post at the discretion of the Head Teacher.
£4.81 per hour
Working Monday to Friday as follows:
This will be term time only, 39 weeks per year.
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Good Organisational Skills
- High Degree of confidentiality and sensitivity when dealing with students and their parents
- Ability to work well as part of a team or as an individual
- Professional and polite
- Keen to learn new skills
Minimum GCSE A-C in English and Maths
Post 16 education and some classroom experience would be an advantage
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – Teaching Assistants work in Primary, Special and Secondary education across all age ranges encompassing special educational needs and emotional vulnerabilities. The primary role of the Teaching Assistant is to support the class teacher to enhance pupils’ learning either in groups or individually, ensuring pupils understand the work set, know their learning objectives and stay on task in order to make progress.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert